Chapter 12

Zach heaved a deep sigh as he frustratedly run his fingers through his hair upon heading out Rosaline's room.

why do I feel like I want her for myself?

Napailing siya saka sinimulang maglakad palabas sa hallway. Almost everyone he passes by is staring at him. Di niya alam kung dahil ba iyon sa gwapo siya o dahil sa halatang problemado siya. Either of the two he doesn't give a damn.

All he wants is to get away from there, from her and them. He can't undestand why she badly wants to attach himself to her, more so, he's so angry to himself that he's starting to get pissed by Rage's possesiveness when it comes to her.

Why do I feel that she's supposed to be mine?

Nasipa niya ang bato na nadaanan pagkalabas sa naturang ospital. He can't contain his emotions anymore. He just met her yesterday for pete's sake and his feelings is not logical at all. The feeling is creeping him out.

Is it because she's so familiar to him?

Oh no! Maybe he just badly want to close the deal with her being Beliza's image model. Maybe that's all. The heck! Kailan pa nagkaroon ng feelings ang business? The heck!

Diversion. Diversion. Please..

Suddenly, Selena's image and their daughter entered his mind. Unknowingly, a single tear escaped from his eye. How he missed them. How he missed his family. At last, he's back on his devastated self. The lonesome and left behind Zach.

The city lights mixed up with the starry sky were mesmerizing yet it didn't give comfort to his lonely heart. He's still broken deep inside.

what did I do to for the universe to take my wife and daughter away?

A question that keeps on lingering his mind as he force himself to drift to sleep.

"Pangako Ciara, hanggang sa huli ikaw at ikaw lang ang babaeng mamahalin ko. Sisiguraduhin kong ako ang maghihintay sa'yo sa altar.."

"I love you so much Selena. I promise to finish everything with Ciara tomorrow so we can be free. Di ko na maatim na itago ka sa lahat. I want to be proud of you as my girl.."

"Thank you Zach.,for loving me despite everything. Pero, will Ciara accept us? I mean, she's your first love..baka nga mahal mo pa rin siya eh.."

"sssshhh i'm more than sure of my feelings for you. Besides, have you heard of the quote "First
love never dies but True love can bury it alive."? And you are my true love Selena..i'll marry you whatever it takes. That's how I love you..I may have loved Ciara but rest assured that i'll forever end up with you.."

"You could at least had the decency to inform me that you're already in love with each other. Oo masakit pag inamin niyo pero mas masakit kasi yung ganito. Ang tagal niyo na pala akong pinagkakaisahan. Di man lang ba kayo nakonsensya?"

"Naghintay ako Zach.,nagmukha akong tanga kanina sa debut ko. Hinintay kita at umasa ako sa pagdating mo! Pero binigo mo na nga ako ganito pa ang naabutan ko. Ni hindi mo nirespeto ang kahalagahan nitong kubong 'to! Bakit nawala bigla ang pagmamahal mo sa akin? Hah?!"

"Zach naalala mo pa ba? Ngayon ang 18th birthday ko, 15th anniversary din ng pagkakaibigan natin at 2nd year anniversary sana natin...lahat yun matatapos sa gabing ito na napakasakit..salamat Zach hindi ko ito makakalimutan..."

"Pangako.,hindi ako manggugulo sa relasyon niyo. Sana lang di niyo maranasan kung gaano kasakit ang pakiramdam ko ngayon..."

Sana lang di niyo maranasan kung gaano kasakit ang pakiramdam ko ngayon..."

Sana lang di niyo maranasan kung gaano kasakit ang paki-----

Hinihingal na napabalikwas si Zach mula sa pagkakatulog. Nasapo niya ang ulo at pawisan pa ang kanyang noo.

That Dream!

As if on cue,,that dream answered his deepest troubles. He can clearly remember that night before he eloped with Selena. That night on that haven.,he witnessed how she hurt someone who did nothing but to love her. Ciara.

Ngayon siya tinabunan ng matinding tanong at kaba. Nasaan na kaya siya? Kumusta na kaya siya?
Is she still holding grudge against me? Napatawad na kaya niya ako? Nasa bayan pa kaya siya kung saan ko siya huling nasilayan?

He grabbed his phone from the bedside table and checked the time. It's already pass six in the morning. He hurriedly took a bath and fix himself before heading out to the parking lot. He rode on his car before calling her secretary to ask her to move and cancel all his appointments today.

He threw all his inhibitions as he fastly drove his way back to his real hometown. From what he learned, his parents sold all their properties in the province except for the mansion before they moved to the city and eventually migrated to New York.

It took him 5 hours before reaching the entrance of that town. Memories of his childhood started to flood his mind especially upon seeing how the town still manage to preserve it's natural environment despite the fast paced development everywhere. He could see how the people stare at his car. They're obviously mesmerized on how shiny it was and wondering about who owns his car. He didn't bother opening the window, good thing it's heavily tinted. He only has one purpose in returning to this place. It's Ciara.

Dumiritso siya sa mansion ng mga Henson. He's surprised that the mansion improved a lot. He rang the bell and an middle aged lady wearing a maids uniform welcomed him. Kilala niya lahat ang mga katulong noon ng mga Henson but he's not certain if he ever meet this maid before.

"ah ano pong kailangan nila?" magalang naman nitong tanong sa kanya.

"Nandyan ba si Ciara?" tanong niya na nakapagpakunot sa noo ng katulong.

"Ciara? Wala naman po akong amo na Ciara o kasamahang katulong dito na Ciara ang pangalan.." sagot nito na halatang naguguluhan.

"You mean..walang Ciara ang nakatira dito?" pangungumpirma nito. Tumango naman ang katulong.

"Si Sir Stanley at Ma'am Judith Anderson po ang amo ko. Sampung taon na rin mula ng lumipat sila dito kasama ako." paliwanag nito.

Damn. Where the heck are you Ciara?