Chapter 7. The Big Fight

  "I swear, he is such a moron." Lilly scoffs.

After Cole and I went to that coffee house last night, he drove me back to his house after I refused multiple times since I still strongly believe they could all be killers.

Cole didn't want to bring me to his home either, but apparently Ryder scolded him to bring me back to their place to stay safe.

Currently, Lilly and I are in fifth period class, which is Chemistry. I didn't tell her about last night and how Cole kind of saved me, because Lilly would blab onto Kenzie and then Kenzie would tell everyone in the school. But at the moment, Lilly is telling me how Connor is a moron because he didn't buy her cookies yesterday.

"Agreed." I say in a joking matter, hiding a smile.

"You think this is funny don't you? Well it's not. I was seriously craving cookies and that stupid kid didn't do anything about it." She huffs in annoyance.

"Excuse me! Lilly, Eleanor? Am I interrupting something?" Our chemistry teacher, Mr. Bates, scolds us.

"No, Mr. Bates." I say quietly.

Our teacher goes back to the board and continues his boring lesson while Lilly takes out her phone, sending me texts, continuing her Connor situation.

Now that I think about it, where is Connor?

----

"Bulwark." Jackson says, reading off of our vocabulary list.

"Umm.." I say dumbly until I remember the meaning of the word. "A protective structure of stone or concrete?"

"Correct."

Sixth period is English, and Jackson and I got paired up to study. Oddly enough, I'm starting to think Jackson is the only one in the Woods' family who isn't a killer. Mostly because he seems like just a regular egotistic, cocky, jock.

Hey that rhymed!

Shut up, Eleanor. You're not funny.

I roll my eyes at my conscience and continue listing the definitions of the words Jackson shoots at me.

"Audacious." He reads.

"Risk taker?" I guess.

"Close - disposed to venture or take risks." He corrects me.

I grab a sunflower seed from the small bag Jackson brought with him to class, and pop it in my mouth.

He shuts the vocabulary book and looks at me strangely.

"What?" I ask, taking another sunflower seed.

I suddenly freeze my movements and slowly look over to him, my suspicions rising.

Oh my gosh, I was completely wrong. He really is a killer and poisoned these seeds!

I spit out the seed frantically, letting it land on my hand. I drop the seed and begin to rub my tongue in a panic, panting heavily.

Jackson starts laughing his head off at this, causing me to frown.

I stop rubbing my tongue and carefully take my hand away from my mouth.

"What in God's name is wrong with you?" He laughs, throwing his head back in hysterics.

My face grows a crimson red and I look at my hands, feeling bashful by my stupidity.