Chapter 31. Revealing the Truth

[ a/n ]: ive kinda been having a crappy day and i dont feel my usual happy-mood i guess :/ it was kind of hard to write today, and plus i have had writers block so... sorry about that. kay bye.

Chapter 31. Revealing the Truth

I flutter my tired eyes open and the bright sun shines against my skin. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion while I glance around at my surroundings. I widen my eyes and peer over to the digital clock on Cole's desk to see that it is 9:02 AM. I sit up straight and observe the fact that I am wearing Cole's Nirvana shirt that he was wearing last night. I lift the shirt up a small amount to notice that I still have my black dress on from yesterday, except, Cole just took off my high heels, which I am thankful for.

Speaking of Cole, where is he?

I glance down at the floor to see Cole's bare back facing me while his lower half is under his blanket, his head resting against a spare pillow.

My heart melts at his considerate and gentlemanly personality. I slowly move away the duvet and step down onto the cold wood floor. Cole's toned back and visible arm muscles make my cheeks flush and I mentally curse myself for being so girly. I tip-toe towards his dresser and grab a pair of shorts and head into his bedroom bathroom, shutting the door behind me silently. I grimace at my smudged makeup that hangs under my eyes as if I have never slept in my life before.

I grab a tissue and wet it down from the sink water and dab under my eyes until the dark smudges are gone from under my hazel eyes and throw the damp tissues away and take Cole's shirt off, enabling me to get out of my black dress. I re-position my bra so that I am more comfortable and then slip Cole's baggy T-shirt on again and put on a pair of Cole's basketball shorts and tighten the strings on the shorts, making them less baggy on me.

I brush my teeth with an extra one that hasn't been opened from its package yet that I located in the cabinet and spit out the refreshing liquid and place the toothbrush in my dress pocket, deciding I shouldn't leave it for someone to use after I just did.

Is that considered stealing? Oh well, Cole wouldn't mind, I will just buy a new toothbrush for him.

I throw my hair up into a messy bun and stare aimlessly at myself in the mirror.

My heart plummets down into my stomach when Connor pops into my head that still aches from all of the sobbing I did last night. I wipe a stray tear away from my left eye and inhale a shaky breath and grip the edges of the sink with both of my hands and let my head hang low while letting out a small, strangled cry.

"No, stop." I whisper to myself and peer up at the mirror again and drop my hands from the edges of the sink.

I wipe away a few more tears and exit the bathroom. Cole is still on the floor with his own extra blanket and pillow, making me assume he is still asleep. I take a glimpse of the door and another glance to the bed and bite the inside of my cheek and decide I better get going so I don't have to have a longer lecture from Dad for being late and out all night long.

With a sigh, I grab my high heels from off of the floor and holds them in my hand and grab my dress from the bathroom door handle that it was hanging from and slowly make my way to Cole's bedroom door and turn the knob ever so slightly and pull the door open a small amount, making a little creaky noise. I grimace and freeze my movements and try to open it wider after realizing that everything is still silent.

"Eleanor?" Cole's raspy, deep, morning voice says from behind me.

I turn around and notice Cole sitting up groggily and cracking his back lazily. He rubs his left eye with the palm of his hand and runs the same hand through his hair, making my heart flop from his gorgeous looks.