Chapter 26. Leaving Town

[a/n]: craaap. this chapter sucks. it sucks so bad. ): i'm sorry, guys. just read on i suppose. this is a long chapter to make up for the long wait. urgh, i'm having mixed feelings about this chapter.

Chapter 26. Leaving Town

   I am woken up by cold wind rushing through my hair and whirling onto my face. I shudder at the sudden coldness as I hear the raggedy old truck door squeak shut while I am carried in someone's arms, who I  assume are Cole's. My body aches in pain from the things I have been through with Griffin and Oliver.

I pry my eyes open regretfully, not wanting to face the cold night. I lean closer to Cole's chest and he tightens his holds around my waist and under my knees as he carries me bridal style. He twists the doorknob to my house and it is unlocked, which is always safe, right?

He shuts the door behind him with his foot and it slams closed. He looks around, as do I.

"Where's your family?" He asks and I laugh dryly.

"They're never here. Lila and Dad are probably at his girlfriend's house." I roll my eyes and he frowns.

"Home sweet home, right?" I joke with no humor behind it and frown sadly.

"Do you want me to take you to the couch in your living room?" He asks politely, changing the subject.

"I can walk now, Cole; I'm okay..." I smile up at him and he shakes his head in disagreement.

"You just took a massive beating from two idiots who deserve to suffer from their deeds. They should just-"

"Cole, I'm fine." I draw out slowly, but he doesn't budge.

"If you insist on carrying me, then... take me to the bathroom upstairs, I need a shower." I sigh and he grins in triumph as he takes me up the stairs, surprisingly not dropping me on the way.

"Which door?" He asks.

"Third one on the left," I reply as he slowly lets me down and opens the door for me. "Thank you."

He nods at my gratitude and goes and finds my room to get me some clothes while I weakly limp into my bathroom and close the door behind me. I shakily turn the hot water on droplets fall from the shower head above me. I close the curtain and weakly pull my hair out of its pony tail.

A knock on the door makes me stop my actions and open it to reveal Cole with my folded clothes in hand.

"Brought you some joggers, and I gave you my sweatshirt since you didn't have any."

"I have some in my closet, though." I reply and he hides a smile.

"Just thought you would want a bigger one to wear," He shrugs. "Besides, my sweatshirt is awesome, yours are boring and small."

I roll my eyes and thank him anyway, shutting the door when he goes down the stairs to make some tea for himself and I.

I undress myself and slowly get into the bathtub, grimacing in the process. My bare feet hit the bottom of the tub and I shiver at the cold floor, until the warm water hits my neck and back, running down my spine. I cringe while lifting my arms up to rinse my hair off.

My entire body tenses whenever I move an inch or make a moving motion with my hands. I weakly wash my bloody knees off  and gently wipe my scuffed up elbows. I grab the shampoo to do my hair, until I slip and fall to the tub floor with a shriek of surprise. The rack above me falls as well, since I hit it with my hand on the fall down and shampoo and other hair products fall onto me. I cover my head with my arms for protection while they all fall to the slippery floor with a thud.