Chapter 32. Jinxing It

[ a/n ]: read last chapter (c.31) if you forgot what happened. I am re-writing this chapter, so dylan hasn't told her 'I should tell you how I fought blah blah blah' so.... yeah. but that will be coming up, I promise. Also, sorry for the long wait and thank you for everyone who has been waiting patiently while I have been on hiatus, but I am back now :) ps// read authors note at end.

pss// i changed some things, so. eleanor is now a bridesmaid.

WARNING: currently UNEDITED

Chapter 32. Jinxing It

It has been two weeks since I met the dear father of the Woods family, and his crude attitude and lack of respect for any of his children is burned into my mind like a broken record, replaying the events that occurred. Even though it has only been two weeks, many things have happened in just fourteen days. My father and his new fiance, Andrea, have confirmed that they're having their wedding tomorrow. We've already been through the rehearsal dinner and everything else, all that's next is the actual ceremony.

Ever since my father found out that I accepted Andrea's proposal of being her bridesmaid, he has been over the top thrilled about it, mostly because he knows full well that I am not that fond of his dear Andrea, but for my father, I can suck it up and be there for him on his big day. My real mother, I personally think, would be alright with me agreeing to be in the wedding.

Andrea gave Lila and I our bridesmaid's dresses and they are both a pastel blue color, and we both look fabulous in them, if I do say so myself.

"Ellie, it's already summer, meaning we go off to college soon, but when we do, we will still be together... right?" Cole asks from my bed that he is sitting on.

I finish off my hair by putting it in a pony tail and turn away from my full sized mirror to face Cole with a small frown.

"Of course," I nod.

He rolls off my bed and comes up from behind me, leaning down and loosely wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing the top of my head. I am currently sitting on my knees on the floor of my bedroom, tying my swimsuit up behind my neck since we will be swimming today, and then putting on some shorts and a T-shirt on top of my bikini, ready to go to the lake with Cole, since he pointed out that we haven't actually been on a real date yet and apparently he has all these things planned out for us.

"Why did you get here so early? It's ten o'clock on the dot, and you said to be ready by eleven." I say and stand up from the ground as Cole drops his arms from me.

"Well, I didn't want to be late picking you up." he grins.

"So... you come an hour early?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

"I was fashionably early." he shrugs and I snicker.

"You mean fashionably late?"

"No, I was early." he says and I roll my eyes.

After scurrying into my bathroom that is luckily in my bedroom, I change out of my sleepwear and get into my two piece bathing suit that is colored a light pink with white polka dots and place my jean shorts over the swim bottoms and a tank-top over the swim top. I exit my bathroom and grab my purse and slip on some sandals, deciding to keep my hair down today.

"Ready?" Cole asks from my desk chair and I nod.

He springs up from my desk and grasps my hand as we walk out of my bedroom and I shut the door behind me. We trot down the stairs and bid my father and siblings good-bye and leave my house to hop into Cole's slick Mustang.

He turns the igniton and we slowly exit my driveway and then skid down the road at a fast pace. Once twenty-two minutes pass, we finally arrive at the docks, located near the East Water Point Bridge. We both exit his sports car and he locks the doors and we both make our way to the quiet docks and I slip my sandals off and Cole grabs the hem of his T-shirt and pulls the clothing off of his torso, revealing his admirable, toned, abdomen.