Chapter 9. This is Inexplicably Wrong

Sorry For The Long Delay In Updating! I Had Major Writers Block. :\

Dedicated to Kengie_23, because she's my bestie. And she's perf.♥

Chapter 9. This is Inexplicably Wrong

  I yawn, stretching out my tired and sore limbs, then realization dawns on me. I sit upright and frown at my surroundings. Panic fills me as I look at the bed I'm laid in and the open window, shining the suns brights rays of light into the room. The March air cools me off as the soft curtains fly around the window from the gentle breeze.

Where am I?

A knock at the door sends me flying off the bed with a squeal of surprise. I fall onto the floor with a loud thud and the door opens and in comes Ryder, looking perplexed.

"Ryder?" I question in surprise.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, but how did I get here?" I ask, getting freaked out.

"You don't remember?" He asks in disbelief.

"I only remember someone calling my name while I was shoved in a locker and then the rest is a blur.." I mutter.

"Wow, you honestly can't remember?" He asks, half-heartily chuckling.

"What?"

"I heard someone shouting muffled screams so I ran into the girls locker room--"

"What if someone was dressing?" I ask, feeling slightly awkward.

"I covered my eyes!" He defends himself and I roll my eyes, nodding for him to continue.

"Anyway, I found you in the locker and I was asking you what happened but you only spluttered out random words that I couldn't comprehend." He begins to explain.

How am I not remembering this?

"So I broke the lock and got you out and then you passed out so I brought you here and you've been sleeping for about three hours."

"How can I not remember that?" I ask.

"I think you were just in a shocked state that you couldn't really understand what was happening." He shrugs.

"I have to call Connor and my dad, and my cousins, and the police! And-"

"Slow down," He stops me. "I called your dad and your friend, Kenzie, is it?"

"Uh, yeah.." I say, a little suspicious at how he knew their numbers.

"I used your phone to call them," He says, answering my unspoken question.

"I have to get home and call the police-"

"Wait, you can't call them." He says sheepishly, itching the back of his neck.

"Why not?" I ask, bewildered.

Why wouldn't I call the police?! I just got kidnapped and threatened!

"Because," He sighs, biting his bottom lip.

"We might know who threatened you."

---

"If you know him, then you should turn him in!" I exclaim, standing up from the couch I was sitting on.

After Ryder told me that they know him, I demanded an explanation, so he called his brothers home and now we are all seated in the living room, as I wait for a reasonable explanation.

"Listen, if we do that, it will make things worse." Jackson intervenes.

"How so?" I ask.

"Did you miss the part where he threatened to kill you if you told anyone?" Cole scoffs and the mutters, "Moron." Under his breath, in which I roll my eyes.