Chapter 33. The Set Up

ps// i may end up unpublishing this ch. and rewriting bc im having mixed feelings about how i did :[

pss// pic of jackson on the side in the suit he wears to the wedding>>

Chapter 33. The Set Up

  The drive to the church is awkward and silent while Dylan sits in the passenger side of my car and Lila sits in the back, playing with the hem of her dress. My father already made it to the church since he wanted to go over everything again, but he showed up an hour early, therefore my siblings and I decided to come when it was going to start twenty minutes before.

I pull my car into the church parking lot and shut the engine off as the car rumbles off. Silence meets us again as we sit together in my small car.

"So is Andrea like our new mom?" Lila speaks up and I glance at Dylan.

"Well, I guess so, but our real mom, will always be our true one." I explain and she nods from the backseat.

"Let's go," Dylan says and we all hop out of my car.

My pastel blue dress matches Lila's, making it obvious that we're two of the five bridesmaids. Dylan is our father's best man and he wears a fancy black tux with a light, pastel, blue tie. We all enter the church to see guests already murmuring to one another as the place gifts on the gift table and speak with the groom- i.e -my father.

"Oh, kids, you're here!" Dad exclaims with a nervous smile as he walks over to us.

"You doing okay, Dad?" Dylan asks and Dad fixes his bow-tie.

"Just a little nervous..." Dad mumbles back.

I step forward and tilt his bow-tie so that it is straight and send him a warm smile. "You'll be fine."

He nods, appearing rather nauseous. "Yeah, you're right. I'll be fine."

The double doors of the church door swing open behind us and slam against the back of the wall as most of the people in the room turn around at the sudden loudness. I laugh when I see Jackson fixing his tie with a James Bond look on his face as he looks to the left of him dramatically.

Cole and Ryder enter from behind him and Cole smacks him on the back of his head and Ryder does the same after Cole. I roll my eyes and excuse myself from my family to go meet up with the Woods brothers.

"Glad you all could make it," I grin and Cole grasps my hand and bows the smallest amount and kisses the top of my hand, making me blush furiously.

"You look stunning, darling." He whispers and stands up straight again.

"You look handsome," I comment with a smile. "You all look handsome."

"Oh, stop it." Jackson waves me off with a toothy grin.

 "I'll show you where you'll be sitting." I inform them all and turn on my heel as the three boys follow behind.

I stop at the third to the first row and show them to their pew which has a sign taped to the side of it, reading 'reserved.' Ryder and Jackson sit down, but Cole pulls me aside for a moment before sitting down with his brothers.

"First, I want to tell you that you look absolutely breathtaking and I also want to ask you how you're doing?" He whispers and I glance down at our hands that our holding one another.

"Andrea is a nice woman, and I know I should be happy for my dad and her, but I... I can't stop myself from remembering how quickly my dad started to date her and then just like that, they were engaged." I reply with a hushed voice.