Chapter 34. One Last Time

[a/n]: ugh sorry for the long wait, school has been stressing me out and gettin me tired and junk. D:

PS// PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF CH.

thanks!

PPS// CURRENTLY UNEDITED - EXPECT MISTAKES AND GRAMMICAL ERRORS

Chapter 34. One Last Time

Once my father got the church crowd settled down and calm, he said his apologies and they dispersed. Now, a furious Andrea, a worried Lila, and a confused Matthew - a.k.a - my father and I myself, are all in the police station, waiting for someone to help us out and let us bail my brother out. A grown-up must bail the Woods brothers out and their mother won't answer the stupid phone after I have called her multiple times in a row, therefore, it's time for the boys' last resort; my father.

Standing outside of Cole and Jackson's cell is slightly awkward as the three of us make some small talk on our assumptions of who could have accused them of this crime.

"What about Oliver?" Jackson pipes up.

"No, he's stupid, but not that stupid. He knows better than to turn us in for this, and he knows that the crime could easily lead back to him for assault on Eleanor, attempting to kill all of us, and the kidnappings he did like three times, just to try and get under our skins." Cole points out.

"Cassandra called me, remember?" I recall my conversation with her just as they were all taken into custody.

"Cassandra's bark is worse than her bite; I am pretty sure she is just following behind Oliver on this one." Jackson shrugs.

I nod and turn around to still see that my father is murmuring things into his cellphone, speaking with his lawyer and clutching Andrea's hand with his free palm. I peer back over to Cole and Jackson who are looking at different things; Jackson is staring at the old telephone on the wall, probably hoping for one free call, and Cole is staring at his hands, appearing calm, which honestly could be a bad or good thing.

"You're going to get out of this mess and you're going to be out of this cell." I state, seemingly trying to convince myself more than Cole.

Cole's gaze fixates on mine and he steps an inch closer towards the bars, nearing towards me. I glance upwards since he is taller than I am and the corners of his lips twitch upwards a small amount and he nods, agreeing with my previous statement. He places his hands through the bars that aren't too close together and places them on either side of my face gently as I step more adjacent to him even though metal is in front of us and he presses his lips to mine through the metal jail cell bars as I stand on my toes and grasp the metal bars of the cell with both of my hands.

"Get a room; preferably one that I am not in." I hear Jackson murmur and I mentally laugh.

"Eleanor, get over here." My father suddenly speaks aloud and I step away from Cole and he drops his hands away from me and I turn around and trot over to my tall father.

"Nobody is answering that cell phone number you gave me. Their parents aren't home, probably." He states.

"Dad, if their mom won't answer your calls, that means they won't be able to get out of here until she comes which could be tomorrow, unless you bail them out, now..." I whisper to my father and he purses his lips.

"Eleanor, I don't have the money to bail out three more kids! Hell, I barely have enough to bail your own brother out! What with the wedding and all of the decorations and preparations and everything, there just isn't enough money in the bank and our insurance isn't doing too well, either. Your boyfriend and his brothers can get out tomorrow or later tonight when their own parents show up, but right now, they'll just have to stay in there." He sighs, running a hand over his tired face.