Chapter 2: Restless

-----------------------

"Hey, are you okay? You seem more tired then usual," your friend, Alex, asked as you walked over to them. They seemed concerned for your health, seeing as they stood up and helped you sit down on a nearby bench. You let out a groan and laid back.

"I could be better," you yawned.

"Why are you so tired lately? Have you found a new show that you're obsessing over? Is that why you're not sleeping well?" They asked jokingly. You shook your head no. They thought for a bit before asking your something else. "Are you having nightmares?"

"Why nightmares out of all things?" You asked.

"Well, I had one last week remember? So I figured you might have gotten one too?" Alex scratched their neck in a sheepish manner. You hummed in response, you remembered now.

"I wouldn't call them nightmares. They're more like weird dreams that won't give me a break," you looked over your shoulder and saw your friend's concerned expression. "They aren't bad, just weird. Like, I'll hear whispering and yelling for awhile then it'll just stop and hear someone calling my name and I'll just wake up freezing cold,"

"That's weird,"

"Tell me about. I'm surprised I haven't gotten sick yet,"

"Do you think it means something?" Alex asked, you looked at them questioningly. "You know how people say each dream means something different? Maybe it's the same thing for you. Tell me more about the dream, try not leave anything out of it,"

"Like what?"

"Like, uh, were you in a room? Did you catch what the voices were saying?" They asked after shaking your shoulder a bit, you were falling asleep again.

"Sorry. Uh, voices right. I couldn't really catch what they were saying, they were all talking at once," you paused trying to remember some more of the dream. You'd think that you would of had everything memorized by now. "I don't think I was in a room, it was all pitch black. But now that I think about it, I think there was something moving?"

"Moving?" They asked, they squinted their eyes in thought.

"Yeah like, waves. Something was moving there that's for sure," you explained. Your friend looked at you questioningly.

"What about the voice that you heard calling your name at the end?" They quirked. You blinked, what about the voice? "I mean, was there anything weird with the voice? Something that stood out?"

"Well, other then the fact it sound kinda worried I guess it was a normal voice," you mumbled. "And the fact that it got really cold after words it was weird,"

"I see," your friend said. "Maybe it's nothing hopefully? You should try to sleep with a nightlight,"

You looked at your friend with a "are you serious" look. They held their hands up in defense.

"Hey! I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to have the light. I even have one at my room, so don't go saying that it's childish," they remarked.

"Fine, whatever helps I guess," you muttered and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"Nope! No falling asleep right now, you said we could go get breakfast!" Your friend laughed as they pulled you up and dragged your dead tired body around the park. You groaned and allowed yourself to be dragged, you were far too tired to put up a fight anyways. They dragged you quite harshly that it reminded you of your injured knee as they pulled you along.

"Ouch!" You wince. Your friend stopped and looked back at you with concern.

"Hey you alright? Did I pull you to hard?" They asked as rubbed your shoulder thinking that it was your arm they pulled to hard on.