Chapter 25: And Our Eyes Met

--------

Your breath hitched as you read the message on the clipboard. Letting out a dry laugh you set the clipboard down as you glared at the blue eyes.

"Of course I'm in danger," you spat, sarcasm dripping from your words. "I'm seeing things and talking to thin air!"

The eyes flickered slightly before the pen on the clipboard rose again. You sighed, ridding your temples as you debated on closing the window.

Please, I'm serious! You have to trust me.
You have to believe in (Y/N).

You narrowed your eyes at the message, being thrown off by the fact that this ghost knew your name. You looked at the eyes again, they seemed to be staring at you with hope. A blurred face came into view, well... you assumed it was a face. You tensed up when you started to make out lips on the blurred face. You shook your head, looking down at the clipboard again.

"I'm really losing... I'm 100% losing it..." you mumbled. "Let's say that you are real, how do I know that you're not here to steal my soul or something?"

A cold chill ran down your side as the pen was lifted up. You clenched your hands as you could see a faded hand holding onto the pen. This was freaking you out.

Because I'm a Guardian. I protect kids from nightmares and Pitch Black

"I don't think I qualify as a kid anymore, Guardian. I'm almost an adult," you huffed. Alex's Guardian talks were now affect your dreams, how fun. "Besides, you did a bad job at protecting me from nightmares. I had so many of them last month"

I didn't know you were having them
If I did I would've done something I swear

"Right. Anyways, it's cold and I'm positive that this is a dream. So now I'm going to go do what I usually do in my dreams: sleep," you spoke rudely as you grabbed the clipboard and tossed it onto your bed. "Farewell Guardian"

You grabbed a hold of your window, and started to push it close. However you abruptly stopped as you watched it suddenly get covered in frost. It spread across the glass and the frame so fast and with a soft cracking sound. You watched with wide eyes as it began to spread across your fingers when you didn't remove your hand. A second later you reacted and pulled your hand back. Your finger tips were covered in a light layer of frost. You looked back at the window to see if you were imagining things only to come face to face with a guy.

White hair, pale skin, light freckles and bright blue eyes. He was halfway through your window, his hand on your window, spreading frost across it with his finger tips. His other hand held a crooked staff, frost across the part his hand touched. He wore a royal blue hoodie with frost across the sleeves and hood. His pants were torn towards the bottom and he wore no shoes.

He seemed to be just as startled as you were. He blinked once, then twice. His hand slowly left the window making you take a step back. You cradled your frosted hand with worry as he stared at you in shock.

"Can... can you see me?" His voice croaked out, he sounded both worried and happy. You didn't bother answering before turning around and trying to make a break for your door. His hand flew out to grab you. "No- wait!"

You yelped as you felt an ice cold hand grab your forearm. Your hand snapped back to see the guy, ready to fight if need be. Your other hand was already in a tight fist as you launched it towards the guy. Except, your fist only met air. You lost your balance and fell over, confused and dazed. You looked around your room only to find no one.

.
.
.

Jack held his hand pain, it was turning into white dust. He let out a small groan as he tried to get out of (Y/N)'s room. It wasn't safe in there. He wasn't safe.

With his good hand he grabbed his staff and tried to crawl out of the window. However he only made it halfway out before he lost his balance and he fell out. He landed on the ground with a thud. He groaned loudly, feeling his hand slowly start to burn.

"Jack?!" Jack looked up to find Tooth flying over to him. A few of her fairies were flocking him, worried. They helped him stand up, all worried sick. "Oh my goodness Jack, what happened to you? Was it Pitch? Where is he-"

"No... it wasn't him. It was... it was (Y/N)..." he mumbled the last part. Tooth suddenly stopped, looking at Jack. She seemed shocked before she noticed Jack's arm. Her body tensed.

"We have to go back to North. Right now," she was firm but it was clear that whatever was happening to his arm wasn't good at all.

And so Jack and Tooth made their way back to the North Pole. Tooth knew what was happening... Jack was right all along.

.
.
.

"It seemed that our little plan is in danger," Pitch mumbled, his hands clenched in anger. He turned to his nightmare horses who seemed just as angry as him. "We'll have to quick. It's now or never"

With a wave of his hand he sent off two of three of his horses. The horses immediately sped off, rushing off into the evening. The last two horses stayed behind, looking a Pitch.

"You two, go get her friend. In case things don't go as planned," he ordered. The other two horses huffed before rushing to Alex's house.

The moon peeked out from behind the clouds. Pitch let out a cackle, his plan was bound to work this time.

--------