Chapter 16: It's Pitch Black at Night

----------

Ice blue eyes.

They seemed to be everywhere you went. When you almost died, outside your bedroom window, on your way home from school... everywhere. You moved to lay on your side, pulling to covers closer to your frame. And it was still really cold, the weather hadn't changed since you almost died. Your eyes stared dead on, watching the window in anticipation that the eyes might pop up again. Occasionally you blinked, but for the most part you just stared.

What did the eyes want? Why were they there? So many questions seemed to swarm your mind. You huffed, wanting to throw a fit for some reason. Not knowing what was going on was upsetting you.

Part of you wanted to ask Alex if they knew what was up, if they even knew. You decided against it, knowing that you would just feed their overactive imagination. You sighed, this was so... so weird. You didn't know if you should be taking these visions seriously at all, or if they were a result of your own imagination. Were they connected to your dreams? ...Where did the dreams go? It's not like you liked these dreams, you were most certainly glad that they stopped by it still felt odd they did so suddenly.

Your eyes began to close, growing tired of staying open for so long. You yawned, trying to stay awake for a bit longer but it was hard. Your eyes stared at the sky through your window, the moon was slowly being covered by a few clouds. It looked pretty. Another yawn passed your lips. You didn't realized just how tired you really were...

Sleep... sounded nice... right... now...

.
.
.

Quiet. Dark. Cold.

Your eyes fluttered open to find yourself on the bottom of the ravine once more. Snow fell softly from the light grey skies, and everything seemed peaceful. You stood wearily, unsure if you were having a nightmare or a dream. You tried to walk forward, but your legs wouldn't move. Panic fled your senses. Everything was unbelievably cold, freezing actually. You looked down to see snow covering your lower half, past your hips. Your legs felt numb, you tired to move them but they seemed frozen in place. The wind suddenly blew harshly against your trembling body.

The gently falling snow suddenly turned to a blizzard, raining down shards of ice against your face. You held your hands up, trying to shield your face. The snow only seemed to raise up higher and higher. Soon your chest was covered by snow. Your eyes were squeezed shut, too scared to look.

"(Y/N)~"

A voice called out for you. You flinched, scared to look still. This voice sounded sinister, full of ill intent. You whimpered, turning your head away from the voice. You had to get away, and now.

"(Y/N)~" the voice called out again. The skies grew darker, the snow fell harder. You were scared, confused. Normally things like this wouldn't bother you but this time it was different. It felt different. You felt scared, terrified even. It was like reliving your most terrifying moment in life, which is was in this case. The ravine seemed to stretch higher and higher up, the snow piled up higher. It was a your neck now, and getting higher still.

"Come on (Y/N), we have much to do. We don't want to keep Manny waiting do we now?" The voice taunted. Who was calling out for you? Who was Manny? What did it want with you?

The snow kept on crawling upwards, leaving you in a more panicked state. You stuck your hand out, the snow slowly engulfing your head. Your eyes widen, pupils dilating.

Help! Someone- anyone! Help!

Your voice was caught in your throat. Tears were falling freely as you realized that you were gonna die. For reals this time.

"Just let it happen (Y/N), it'll make this much easier" the voice suggested in a taunting voice. Your fingers were the only thing that stood out of the snow. Your head buried under everything else. You heard snow crunching, the voice chuckling at your last feeble attempts of getting out. You felt a foot being pushed down against your fingers. You whimpered as your fingers were crushed under the person's foot, finally covering you in snow. "Come on now, this nightmare can be over fast if you just... cooperate with me"

Wait- nightmare?

This... this was a nightmare! Of course! This explained so much! And- and if this was a product of your own imagination then you could control it.

Under the snow you closed your eyes tightly, and began to think of a different setting. Someplace warmer, like your room. You thought of your bed, your nice, warm bed. Slowly things started to warm up, the ice cold feeling no longer engulfing you.

"W-What are you doing?! Stop that! I side stop!" The voice started to fade away, disappearing like the snow and ravine. You had control over your dreams. The dreams weren't real, you were safe in your bed at home...

Safe.

.
.
.

Your eyes fluttered open, your cheeks stained with tears from the nightmare you had. You looked around, everything looked normal. Your room was there, posters and CDs seemed to be in their proper places. Yeah... it was all just a nightmare.

You reached for your covers, still chilly, except they weren't there. You looked at down, you weren't even in your own bed. Your bed was in it usual place but you were near the window. Guess that nightmare riled you up more than you thought... you stood up, holding onto the window frame for support. Your window was wide open as well. Didn't you have it closed when you fell asleep. You tensed up as you saw the familiar soot trail leading outside your window. Your heart sank as you saw it lead to your bed before it turned to white dust.

You looked down at your clothes, patting them carefully and watching dust fall off of them. You sneezed, the dust getting to you. This was all... very concerning. Your eyes drifted to your closet, it was slightly ajar. Cautiously, you neared the door. You grabbed hold of the closet door, and pulled it open slowly.

Nothing.

Everything was as it should be. Your clothes, your shoes... your eyes drifted to a forgotten ukulele in the very back. It was gathering dust from not being used in ages. Your lips were pulled into a tight line as you slowly reached for the instrument. You picked it up, slowly walking back to your bed. Brushing off the dust you stared at it, hands slowly drifting to their places.

Your fingers slowly plucking at the strings as you decided not sleep tonight.

---------