Chapter 28: A Ghost and a Gifted Human

—————————

"I am glad you both made it but you are too late. Pitch took Alex," North grimaced, taking Bunny's hand as he pulled himself up.

"What happened? We leave for a few weeks and you're already getting your butts handed to ya," Bunny said, crossing his arms.

"It's long story but Pitch is after (Y/N)-"

"Wait a second- I though Pitch was after Alex?" Bunny asked, confused. What happened while he was gone?

"We though so too but it turns out that he is after (Y/N)," North tried to explain.

"That just doesn't make sense, she doesn't believe in us- much less see us! Are you sure about this?" Bunny asked, but turned to look at Sandy before North could answer. "That can't be right can it?"

Instead of look a shock or at least a shrug Sandy gave them both a guiltily look. He wrung his hands together, looking at the ground.

"What's with that look Sandy?" Bunny asked, confused. North's face suddenly harden as he tensed up.

"You knew..." North mumbled, Sandy only gave them a small nod. North felt anger bubbling in him, he felt betrayed by Sandy. If he had told them earlier then a lot of things would've been avoided. For one Alex wouldn't have been taken. "And you didn't say anything?!"

"Crikey! North don't get crook on Sandy, I'm sure that there was a reason-" Bunny spoke, standing between the two in hopes of calming North down. He was cut off by a strong gust of wind blowing across the street. The skies grew dark as snow began to fall. At a fast pace came Jack and Tooth. They both seemed tensed and ready for battle.

"We're here! Did anything happen? What about (Y/N)? Is she okay-" Jack began to ask, nervous and with adrenaline pumping in his system. Tooth seemed to be out of breath from trying to keep up with him, yet she still had her guard up.

"Jack? How are you up so soon?" North gasped.

"What are you talking about?" Jack seemed just as confused as North. "I wasn't hurt that badly right?"

North opened his mouth to say something but Tooth just signaled for him to drop it. She gave him a shrug and wave her hand, saying that they'll talk later.

"Never mind that, we have problem," North sighed. Jack tensed, opening his mouth to speak but North cut him off. "(Y/N) is okay, but Pitch took Alex"

"What?! Why them?" Tooth gasped, she looked towards Alex's house. The window was left open and she could only imagine what had happened.

"I am not sure... but it can not be good," North turned to look at Sandy suddenly. "Do you have anything to say? You are not hiding more things from us right?"

Sandy looked at the ground with shame.

.
.
.

"What do you mean Alex is missing?" Your mother's hushed voice gasped. She was doing her best to not make much noise since it was early in the morning. Technically speaking, you wouldn't be awake right now but you couldn't help but feel like something was off all night and now... Your body froze as you did your best to listen in.

"Yes, we check their room because they hadn't come down for breakfast and they weren't there- their window was open! You don't think someone took them right?" Alex's dad worried. He was close to tears. You mother comforted him as your own father was already discussing what to do with Alex's mother.

You slipped back to your room. You closed the door, your eyes landing on the digital clock. 5:17 am. School wouldn't start for another 3-ish hours. You walked over to your desk and unplugged your phone from its charger. You dialed Alex's number and waited for an answer. Then again and again... you grew nervous after the 10th call.

Was this the danger the blue eyed ghost warned you about?

You shook your head, now wasn't the time to worry about nonsense. You sighed, you couldn't just go about your day acting like Alex wasn't missing. You grabbed your school bag and emptied it out. Your binder, textbooks and loose paper were placed on your desk as you rummaged through your closet for items to help you. Extra clothing, a blanket, a flashlight, a first aid kit, a portable battery. You grabbed a couple bucks and stuffed them in your pocket, deciding to buy something on your way out.

Out to where?
The forest.

That was where all the weird things happened, so that was the best place to start. As you zipped up your bag you were about to open your door when you realized that it wouldn't be a good idea. You didn't want to alert your parents. So you opened the window, allowing the cold air to enter your warm room. You hissed, the cold air catching you off guard once again. You went back to your closet and grabbed a beanie.

You looked at your room, it was a mess now but you'll worry about it when you come back with Alex. You looked at your desk, your school stuff piled neatly on the side and a note your wrote to your parents explaining why you were ditching school. You felt bad for doing this but you cared for Alex and you felt like finding them was something that only you could do.

You took a deep breath, closing your eyes as you turned to face the window. As you exhaled you opened your eyes. You jumped, a sharp gasp leaving your mouth as you saw the blue eyed boy outside your window.

"Oh god..!" You gasped, holding your chest as you tried to calm down. The blue eyed boy seemed just as startled by your reaction as you were. He looked slightly blurred to you, no longer just a pair of eyes.

"Stars... you nearly scared the socks off me... well, if I had any," the boy spoke, his voice sounded whimsical and airy. His joke was accompanied by a small smile. You just started at him, unsure of what to do. He seemed just as clueless as you, his cheeks puffed out as he waited for you to say something. After a bit he spoke again, "Can you see me?"

You looked around for a bit. You bit the inside of your cheek as you nodded. He seemed to smile before his expression changed. He seemed serious.

"That good, because I have something to tell you. It's about Alex, they're-"

"They're missing," you cut off the boy, you gripped the straps of your bag. "I know... and I'm going to find them"

"Well, I think I can help with that," he hummed, leaning against your window still. You rose a brow at him, unsure of what to make that information. "That is, if you trust me"

He held out his hand towards you. You looked at his hand with uncertainty. Your mind kept telling your that you were taking to yourself, but deep down... you believe that this was real. You looked at him, giving him a stern look. Your hand clasped around his, and his appearance suddenly cleared up for a brief second. The blue eyed boy... his voice... he was exactly like the one from your dreams. You blinked, taken aback by his appearance but you didn't shy away this time. He seemed just as surprised.

"I trust you, now help me find my friend," you said confidently. He gave you a smile, guiding you out your window and helping you stay up. As he helped you down he pointed to the forest.

"Good, we'll be going to one of the only places where we can get help..."

"The North Pole"

———————————