Chapter 26: The Spirit of Life

————————

"North!" Tooth yelled into the busy toy shop. Every yeti and elf suddenly stopped to look at her. Tooth's eyes scanned the toy shop quickly, in search of North. She glanced at Jack once more, wincing internally at his mostly dusted side. His whole arm (and part of his side) was mostly dusted at this point, thankfully nothing has fallen off. "Has anyone seen North!?"

A few yetis scampered off to find North, while the others gathered around to help Tooth with Jack. One yeti, Phil, picked him up and rushed him off to North's office. A few yetis were already rushing back with North in toe.

"What is all the fuss about-" his heavy accent was cut off once he saw Jack.

"Hey..," Jack tried to crack a smile. North's face suddenly harden, and Jack grew worried.

"Come with me, we must hurry before it spreads any further," North ordered as he lead the way.

Down the hallways of the toy shop they went, taking many turns and twists. Jack didn't even know there was more of North's workshop. They finally reached a heavy door, detailed with designs and patterns. All the Guardians were there; North, Sandman, Bunny, Tooth... and him. Phil handed over Jack to North, and rushed back through the way they came from.

Tooth opened the door, and held it open for them. Jack looked at his arm, starting to feel somewhat dazed now. His whole arm was white, even his clothes had lost its color. It began to spread across his stomach and down his leg. His neck started to burn as well. He moved his fingers a bit, growing slightly worried when white dust flew off him.

"Lay down Jack, and do not move. We make you better, yes?" North instructed, giving him a smile. Tooth was flying across the room, looking through the shelves of books. What was this room? It didn't look like North's library at all...

"Ah! Found it," Tooth gasped, grasping a book and flipping through the pages.

"What do we need?" North asked, already opening a cabinet.

At this point Jack had started to slip in and out of consciousness. He watched as both Tooth and North laid items around him. They appeared to be rocks and plants, some of which he had never seen before. He watched as Tooth lit a blue candle, holding it in her hands.

"In the Divine name of the Goddess who breathes life into us all, I consecrate and charge this candle as a magical tool for healing..."

The table where he laid began to glow. A figure materialized in front of Tooth, a woman with long flowing hair and a kind smile. She looked worn and old but her face held understanding and kindness. Tooth held out the candle towards her, with a pleading look. The woman looked at Tooth and then around the room until she saw Jack. Jack blinked, not sure if what he was seeing was real. The woman looked at him with sadness and sympathy. She placed a hand on the blue candle.

"Magical mend and candle burn, sickness end, good health return!"

The candle burned briefly before the woman disappeared. Tooth set the candle down besides Jack. The burn sensation was starting to numb out, whatever just happened was working.

"What happened? Did Manny do this..? But it's been hundreds of years since he's had a tantrum. We have not needing to call for Life since the Dark Ages-" North was cut off by Tooth who held her hand up.

"No... it was (Y/N)"

"(Y/N)? But she does not believe and she's human! There's no way she has Moon peoples' powers... right?" Tooth held her hands together, looking at Jack who had passed out. The blue candle burned slowly, and as it burned Jack seemed to heal.

"Jack has been trying to tell us something... but we've been pushing him aside lately... we should've listened," Tooth mumbled, a look of guilt flashed across her face. North placed a hand on her shoulder, comforting her.

"We could have done things differently, but we cannot change what has happened. Let's apologize when he wakes up, for now. We must watched over both Alex and(Y/N)," North smiled. Tooth smiled before she suddenly froze. "What is it?"

"No one's watching over them..!" Tooth brought her hand to cover her mouth, looking mortified. North seemed just as freaked out as she was.

"Then I will go, you stay and watch over Jack. Make sure he recovers quickly," North said as he ran out the room.

Tooth anxiously fluttered in her spot, looking at Jack and then the door. She sat besides him, waiting for him to recover.

—————————

I'm building some world lore. Based a little bit on magick? I'm not sure what the term is so I apologize for that. I don't mean to offend anyone with it.