Chapter 17: Keep Your Guard Up

---------

The nightmare king glared at the second story window with pure rage. He held his injured arm, the white spots now larger then ever before. He was so close this time! So so so close! He looked back at the sky, the moon still covered by dark gray clouds. He bit his finger in annoyance, he didn't understand what had happened. The moon couldn't see what was going on, so how did his nightmare sand get neutralize?

His eyes widen in realization. All this time he figured that Manny had a favorite kid who he personally protected. He figured that if he managed to take that kid then he would be able to force Manny down to earth and finish him off. But now...

Pitch let out a dark chuckle.

A nightmare horse flew across the sky briefly before being shot with an ice blast. Pitch sunk further into the darkness, watching the frost spirit land on the roof of the neighboring house. A person could be seen cheering for him, beckoning for him to join them back inside.

Pitch sunk into the darkness, reappearing in a different location. A large cave with little light. The walls looked sinister and menacing, empty cages hung from singular chains. In the dead center was a golden globe of the world. Many lights were lit up, each representing a child who believed. His hands drifted across the globe, landing on a specific area. There was a light, but it didn't shine gold. No, from a distance it looked like any other light but upon closer inspection it shined white. He tapped on it, a wick smile spreading across his face. He looked up, seemingly looking at the sky through the cave's ceiling.

"Did you really think you were being clever Manny? Did you really think I wouldn't catch on? You must be more of a fool than I thought!" Pitch cackled, his nightmare horses appearing from the shadows. Each with glowing golden eyes, gathering to look at the white light. Pitch turned to look at his army, throwing his hands up. "Change of plans boys!"

He jumped to the top of the globe, his feet tapping on the North Pole.

"We have to pay old Saint Nick a little visit!"

---------