Chatper 19: Old Saint Nick's Library

————————

A few weeks had passed since the (Y/N) incident and things at Santa's workshop were as busy as ever. Yetis we're running back and forth, carrying many bags full of envelopes- all meant for Santa himself. The bags were emptied into a large pile were they were filtered into different kinds of piles. Some of the piles were divided by language, ages, or whether the child was naughty or nice. Each pile towered over each yeti easily.

"Letters! Where are the letters?!" Yelled a gruff voice from inside the office. The doors burst open just as a yeti was walking by, effectively knocking the tower of letters out of his hands. The letters scattered across the floor. The poor yeti gasped in horror, and scrambled to pick up the fallen letters. Santa helped out, feeling somewhat responsible for that. "Oh! Be careful Phil, these letters are very precious"

Santa gathered the letters in his arms, taking Phil's own pile before walking back into his office. As the door closed Santa yelled out, "Bring more cookies!"

It was only a few months away from Christmas. It was already September after all! Only two more months before December! And there were already a few kids who had sent him letters, promising to be good in return for their most wanted toys.

Santa sat down on his large chair, setting the pile of letters to the side as he takes out a pair of reading glasses. He places them on the bridge of his nose before opening a letter and started working.

.
.
.

Somewhere deep in Santa workshop was a hidden library. Full of books, but not just any books. Books that contained valuable information. Information on each and every one of the myths around the world. From Mother Nature to the Man in the Moon. Everything was available in this library.

And that was exactly what Pitch Black was after.

The room was sealed away, the key hung around Santa's neck. Impossible to get. But fortunately Pitch didn't need that. As the sun began to set  in the horizon Pitch waited just outside the door. He eagerly peeked at the sun from the window. It was just about to sink behind the mountains. He had only one shot, unless he wanted to wait for another day to pass. There would be a brief moment we're both the sun and the moon would be out of sight, giving him enough time to slip through the door. The room held a powerful spell, one that kept any unwanted visitors away. In the brief moment the spell will grow to a mere flicker and let him slip through. Even then he had to be quick, once the moon shines through the spell with kick him out- altering the whole workshop of his presence.

Pitch peeked once more at the window before returning his gaze to the door. He neared the door, it immediately flashing with an array of symbols. As the sun lowers further still the symbols began to flicker out, until they were dimmed out, and eventually disappearing for now. A smirk appeared on his face as he turned the knob and waltzed on in.

Immediately he began to go through the vast sea of bookcases. His brows furrowed together, this was gonna be harder than he had originally thought. He scanned the room once more before his eyes landed on a glass case. He huffed, of course it would be that obvious. He silently made his way over to the case, peering into it. A large and vintage book sat closed inside. Pitch smiled sinisterly, placing a hand on the glass case. Immediately he was zapped, the case was protected as well. Pitch hissed under his breath, holding his hand. He glanced back through one of the windows, the moon was about to rise!

"Screw it!" He hissed as a black sand appeared on his hand in the shape of a sharp blade. He sent it crashing against the glass case, breaking the spell in the process. A loud clash rang through the library, followed by the sounds of panicked yetis. Pitch snatched the book from its stand just in time. The Moon shined from behind the mountains, the spell taking effect almost immediately. It sent Pitch flying out of the room and crashing into the wall opposite of the door. The symbols reappeared, shining brightly and shining red. Pitch groaned, sitting up with the book in his hands. That was definitely gonna leave a mark. He didn't have much time to relax, Santa's loud voice rang through the halls.

"Stop the intruder!" His accent was thicker than usual as he rounded the corner. His eyes locked with Pitch's and then locked on the book in his hands. Dread filled his mind as Pitch laughed and sunk into the shadows. And just like that, he was gone. Santa fell to his knees, dropping both his swords to the ground as the gravity of the situation fell on him. The yetis looked worried for him, each held a workshop tool. Santa's brows furrowed and he stood up. He turned to look at a yeti, "We need to call the others"

With that said the skies were soon filled a colorful display of lights. And the other guardians were working hard to make it to the North Pole.

—————————