Chapter 30: Free Falling Into Your Arms

------------------

"Aaa... achoo!" You sniffled, pinching your nose to stop another sneeze from coming out. A cold shiver ran down your spine and for a second you thought it was the ghost making his way over to you again, but to your surprise there was no one there. Rather you just saw a vast empty cavern, rocks and old pieces of wood left in an odd arrangement. Guess this place really was once a workshop...

You shook your head, trying to focus on the current situation. The ghost said it wouldn't be long before you both could go get Alex. You huffed, deciding to entertain yourself until the ghost could figure things out. And so your miniature exploration began.

"An abandoned workshop... in the middle of nowhere, not weird at all," you hummed. You walked around the mostly broken down shop, jumping over the cracks and crevices. You found yourself in a smaller space, the door was slightly ajar so you figured it was fair game. There was a shelf full of miscellaneous items, all meant for carpentry. You picked one up, noticing that it wasn't covered in dust as you expected. In fact, nothing in this workshop was showing signs of aging.

You turned to look at the door, taking notice of its intricate design. Was it always like that? You set the tool back, and poked at the door. The more you stared at it the newer it looked. It reminded you of how you finally noticed the ghost- the so called Guardian. It was still a surreal experience...

Ding ding

Your head snapped to look behind you. A quick flash of something small running across the floor made you nearly jump. Was it a rat? Did rats even live in caves?

You pushed the door open, peek out to see the cave slowly forming into a more solid shape. The hanging icicles from the ceil started to resemble hanging lanterns. The large boulders with rocks on top started to look more like tables with items on top. Your eyes widen, too scared to blink.

Ding ding

You caught glimpse of something ran across the floor. You decided to stay in the closet, deeming it much safer and less stressful than the outside. The ghost should be able to find you... eventually.

.
.
.

"So... she lost her belief..." North sighed, running a hand down his face. His mood sadden by the tale told by the Man in the Moon. The crystal sunk back into the ground, its job done. Tooth seemed troubled, as well a guilty for not having noticed the (H/C) colored girl's sudden stop of teeth. Sandy felt guilty for not being able to provide the girl any good dreams in years.

"And now her friend is taken by someone she can't even see..." Bunny mumbled, tighten his fists. "What a rotten turn of events"

The room seemed to be covered in gloom, the tragedy of (Y/N) was heartbreaking. The Guardians, protectors of children's dreams, failed her. Its wasn't like they could've done much even if they had known, they weren't all knowing. Yet, the realization of your situation hurt them. The pain you must of felt, growing up without your parents and with anything to believe in...

Jack but the inside of his cheek, he understood you more now. He wanted to help you, to help Alexx. But what could he do? Was there even a way to help you?

He shook his head, no. Now wasnt the time room be pessimistic. You could see him, and he was gonna make you believe in him and the others. He wants to bring your joy back.