Chapter 4: Unfortunate

--------------------------

A scream suddenly snapped you out of your daze, well it was more of a gasp then a scream but it still scared you. You quickly made your way to your room to find a scared Alex huddled on your bed. As you crawled through the window, the curtains rustled making Alex jump in surprise. Their face was covered in dry tears, their eyes slowly turning red from the tears that gathered on them.

"Hey, are you okay..?" You asked softly. Alex slowly shook their head no. You sat down besides them and placed your hand on their own, "Do you want to talk about it..?"

"It... It's just a nightmare," they stuttered out. Their hands were shaking, their head hanging low to prevent you from seeing their tears. You squeezed their hand in comfort, urging them to continue. "I was alone... But there were voices... They told me that I was going through a phase... That I'll go back to being a-"

"You are valid," you said abruptly. Alex's breath hitched at your words before they buried their head in you shoulder and silently sobbed.

"Wakey wakey eggs and bacony!" Your father shouted as Alex abruptly lurched forward and fell off your bed and onto you limp body. You let out a muffled groan as well as Alex as they rolled off of your body and laid on the mattress with you. Your father looked at both of you and asked, "Why was Alex on your bed? And why were you on Alex's bed?"

You sluggishly lifted your head up from the pillow allowing you finally get a good breath of air. You rolled onto your back and pushed Alex's feet away from your face. "I needed to feel more down to earth"

"Right," your father laughed. "Well breakfast is in a bit so hurry up and get ready, you don't want your three day weekend to go to waste do ya?"

"We still got the whole day left sir," Alex said as they laid on the floor and stretched. Their back popped and they let out a sigh of relief, you on the other hand had managed to fall back asleep. A snore left your throat as Alex and your father stared at you. "I'll wake her up..."

"Good luck, you're going to need it," your father laughed as he left your room. Alex looked at your sleeping form, deciding on how they should wake you up. They could trying shaking you awake, or they could get a bucket of cold water. Alex shook their head, they didn't think you deserved that kind of treatment... Yet. Alex crawled over your body before plopping down on top of you, squishing you. You let out a groan and tried to shake yourself free.

"Nooooo..," you whined.

"Come on wake up," Alex laughed. "Don't you want to see where the trail leads to?"

"Uhhhh... Not very appealing at the moment," your voice came out as a slur. Alex huffed, but got off of you. They had at least some form of compassion. Alex went over to their bag, searching for what looked like an odd tank top. Their search ended up in no avail so they just grabbed their whole bag and walked towards the bathroom. They would of just walked in had they not noticed something or rather the lack of something.

"Yo, what happened to the nightlight?" Alex said as realization hit them. They stared at the empty wall, the wall that once held a very pretty nightlight. Not to mention a pretty expensive one. "Where'd it go? That thing was like $8"

"Busted" you mumbled. Alex's head snapped towards you.

"What?"

"It was busted when I woke up last night..," you yawned, trying to get up from the bed.

"How'd that happen?!" Alex choked. They quickly ran to your trash bin where they proceeded to pluck the broken nightlight from the top of the trash bin. Their eyes widen as they saw how broken the nightlight was, "Okay, this thing did not fall. This light was smashed, by something"