Part 1

Sophia’s POV

6 years, 6 years its been since I left Australia, since I left my life, since I left Cody. I was 8 when I left, it was the worst day of my life.

Flashback (2 days before leaving)

“Cody, I need to tell you something,” I say to my best friend/boyfriend Cody as were dangling our legs from the tree we were sitting on. “Okay!” Cody said as he faced me, intertwining my hand with his “I’m um, moving to London.” I said as I looked at the ground beneath me and a tear made its way down my cheek, I looked back up at Cody to see tears in his eyes. “What? When? No Soph, you can’t!” Cody said as he started to cry, “I’m sorry Cody, but my dad has to work there now, lets just spend his time together, because I move in 2 days..” I say, squeezing his hand, he sighed but agreed and we spent the rest of the talking having fun.

(when they leave)

“Mummy, I don’t want to leave, I like living here, I don’t want to live in London!” I said stomping on the floor of my empty living room. “I’m sorry sweetie, we have no choice, daddy got transferred, plus your nana Monnie is Ill, so we have to be near her.” My mum told me as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards my big brother who was sulking at the front door. My brother is 3 years older than me, he’s called Jonah, he’s just as sad as me that where leaving. My dad honked the horn from in my car which meant it was time to go, I slowly make my way to the car and got in. I said my last goodbyes to my family and friends yesterday. Cody was the hardest. 

I cry as the car starts moving in the direction of the airport, and we drive past my best friends house. “C’mon guys, be excited were moving to England!” My dad says trying to cheer us up, but it didn’t work.

Flashback Over

Me and Cody kept in touch, we rang, we wrote to each other, but as the months passed, it slowly became less gradual, and eventually stopped, a little after my 9th birthday, but I never forgot about him. Me and Alli were like sisters, it was so hard leaving her too, to be honest, it was hard leaving the whole family, but I guess I’ve learned to deal with it abit better.

Cody was my first, friend, best friend, boyfriend, we were a little couple from when we had our first ‘kiss’ when we were 5 until I left. I’m 14 now, and I miss him more and more, and it doesn’t help that I see his face and hear his voice nearly everywhere I go.

I don’t try and get in touch with him, simply because he hasn’t tried to get in touch with me.

My mum and dad and brother, Jonah all know I still miss Cody, but they don’t bring him up. I guess they think its for the best.