One

I sat between Autumn and Lucy as both my parents told us some terrible news. Trevor stood by the fire, back to us, hands pressed firmly behind him.

The four of us took in as many information as we could, as both mother and father had told us that mother's condition was getting worse.

"I'm sorry my children" Mother sobs. I watch as Trevor, the third eldest walks away. Calm and collected as ever.

Lucy slowly rises and numbly walks out as well, tears falling from her pale skin. Autumn stayed seated, hands together. She was more collected as Lucy, which I did not expect from her.

My mind had been racing as the words had come out of mother's mouth. I was dumbfounded. I had softly excused myself from this family meeting to go to my quarter.

As I pull on the door to my quarters doors I close the thick wood behind me. My hands detach from being clasped together so tightly.

The wind of the night sky was blowing into my room. I walk out to the balcony. Letting the cold air send shivers down my back. I look to my left of the street.

The night fair was taken part. A fair I would never go to as I was trapped beyond the walls of this palace.

My mind continued to race as I could feel the faint squeeze of my fathers hand on my shoulder. A slight gesture of condolences.

I was going to be the new Queen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you Alright Scarlett?" A voice calls, I turn my head holding back my hair. Trevor sits down beside me on the grass, the sun was setting in front of us.

"No, how can I be?" I mumble continuing to pull on the grass and letting it fly in the wind.

"If it helps, I think you'll make a remarkable Queen"my brother says. I smile a bit.

"Thank you brother but it's not your opinion I'm longing for"

"And who's is it? Yours?"I give him a curt nod. "Let's go for a ride shall we, just down the hill"

"We should head in"

"Oh come on"he says, in the corner of my eye I see him pull out something. "I want to know if your aim is still as good as it is sister"he says handing me my bow. I grab my bow and stand up.

"Well brother you should set those targets"I smile down at him. He smiles.

Cole's POV
"I haven't yet finished dear"I hear mom say as I step into the main area of the apartment, in my uniform.

"Please hurry"

"Now now what's the rush Kate?" I tease my sister. The two were seated at the small kitchen table in our small kitchen.

"Your sister just loves to visit the palace"

"It's magical Cole"she beams up at me. "When will you be able to enter?"

"I'm still in boot camp Katherine"I remind her "May I remind you that dad was only allowed in the palace a few months before he died" I tell her, mom casts me a dirty look.

I clear my throat "Well with that, I will be heading to work"I mumble "come along Kate" I tell her. She stands up, grabbing her school bag and kisses mom on the cheek before we exit the apartment.