Twenty- Two.

Scarlett's POV
We had gone back home for the weekend to burry Mrs Marshall with Mr Marshall as Cole had said she would probably be wished to have been buried beside him. I had worried for Cole during that weekend as he became cold and distant but often plastered on a small to cover it up, no one had noticed but I did. I had lost both my parents and I could see the worry in his eyes for his sister.

I had suggested she go to school with Autumn and Lucy but he declined right away and said she would get bullied for not being in the right spectrum on the pole.

After the funeral the Marshall siblings packed up their apartment and Katherine came to live with us, I did not mind one bit I enjoyed having a sibling with me, it got lonely not having mine around and Katherine brought in enough light and energy to fill all three of their voids.

Cole was busy trying to find a school for his sister that would be subtle for her, worried that she would get bullied because they weren't the wealthiest family. Back home no one cared, but here in the city, everyone cared.

I smile as Katherine leans back on the big oak tree, reading a history textbook. Her and I were settled under the oak tree, something the two of us have been doing everyday since she arrived.

"You have been quite consumed in that book of yours Kate"I joke. She chuckles and nods. "Cole told me you love history"

"History, Shakespeare, poetry and animals"she nods excitedly. I raise my eyebrows at her as I place a file in my wooden basket in front of me.

"Animals?" I question, she hums.

"I want to work with animals, or do something with the others, have yet to figure it out" She chuckles.

"Well I'm sure whatever you do, you will have no doubt but excel in it" I smile at my sister in law and she finally looks up from her book and smiles.

I watch as Kennedy paces a few feet away from us, watching over us "doesn't it get annoying?" Katherine asks.

I hum as my response "the constant hovering?" She question nodding her head towards Kennedy. I shrug.

"You get use to it, especially considering I was trapped in a palace for my whole life"I tell her.

"Seems lonely"She counters.

I nod agreeing "it was, until I met your brother" she gags, I laugh.

"Okay ew, moving on. Kennedy!" Katherine yells, I look up as I watch him walk over to us.

"Need anything ladies?" He questions, wearing sunglasses and his hands stuffed in his uniform pockets.

"Yes" Katherine nods, he tilts his head "sit"she demands, I stifle a laugh. He doesn't listen to Katherine "May I repeat myself? Sit"she points to the spot in front of my basket.

Kennedy looks at me and I shrug chuckling. He does as he's told.

"Where is my brother, he should sit down with us" Kate asks

"Your brother is with the General, doing work something I should be doing" Kennedy chuckles as he leans back on his arms.

"You are doing work" I point out "your job was fo patrol us, and you are"

"I'm actually sitting on the job"Kennedy counters. I shrug.

"You can not be fired because I have that authority" I shrug.

"Kit Kat have you seen the new horses in the stables?" Kennedy asks.

"Horses?" Kate questions, I chuckle.