Forty-Six.

Thomas wraps his intertwined hand with Marie around her waist, pulling her closer to him against the cold.

"If my mother knew that I had left the palace" Marie mumbles.

Thomas chuckles, "she won't know Mar, we'll be in and out." He assures her.

"I could get sick again." She demands glancing at him through the heavy snowfall.

"You won't, come on" He tugs her forward. Her arm was at an awkward position considering their arms and hands but nonetheless she was warmer then she was when they left the palace.

"How can you even be sure that the electrical is precise?" Marie questions her boyfriend as they jog up the stairs towards Thomas apartment. They were moving so quickly up the stairs that Marie's light blue dress was flying around them.

"Because my mother continues to pay for it despite me basically having a permanent residence at the palace." Thomas says.

"I am sorry I could not move in with you" Marie says as they walk down the corridor. Thomas shrugs immediately.

"I would rather us stay at the palace until this flu, plus if you do fall ill again I know damn sure I won't be able to bring you back to health myself so" Thomas says his hand slipping away from Marie's quickly to unlock the door.

Thomas gives the door a small body slam, "besides you and I have the rest of our lives to live together" he winks at her as he stumbles in.

Thomas holds out the door for Marie as she swivels in, her cheeks a bit more pink from his sly comment and the wind.

"So what was the something blue I would not have been able to retrieve for you which is why your out with me?" Thomas asks walking into the bedroom.

"I may have seemed to misplace it" Marie mumbles as she moves around the drawers.

"Well aren't you glad I convinced you to sneak away from the palace?" Thomas asks leaning on the threshold of the doorway.

"Oh hush" Marie rolls her eyes at her boyfriend. He smiles at her, watching her move around the bedroom. Marie slides past him and towards the chest by the bed, kneeling down and push it open she sighs in relief.

Grasping the object in her hand, closing the chest and turning to her boyfriend. "Something blue" she smiles at her boyfriend.

"Something blue?" Thomas asks.

"If William and Helena are expected to have a private wedding with just everyone in the palace right now. She deserves something that is something blue and checking off the list of something borrowed as well. Even though I do plan to gift it to her anyways" Marie says smiling at the hairpiece in her hands as she approaches Thomas.

Thomas immediately wraps an arm around Marie and pulls her closer, "it's beautiful, lumière des étoiles" he muses with a smile peering down at the hairpiece.

"Helena deserves something that will make her feel like the most beautiful bride" Marie says smiling up at her boyfriend.

He chuckles and places a hand gently on the back of her head, "you my dear are the greatest friend ever"

Marie shrugs "she deserves it, with all things going wrong with her parents. She deserves a stress free wedding" She says. Thomas smiles and kisses Marie on the forehead.

"Have you gotten everything you needed?" He asks looking around the room.

"Oui" Marie nods.

"Good, we should head back now before your father figures out we left." Thomas says. Marie nods and follows after him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Oh I truly am nervous" Helena sighs as she looks at herself in the mirror. She was standing in front of the full length one in her wedding dress and her hair done up. Considering all things with the flu they had to make do and the maids of the house had thankfully done a beautiful job at putting together a dress for Helena until the tailors are opened.