Forty-Four.

Thomas watches from the threshold of Marie's bedroom opening as the doctor, Scarlett and Cole stood around her. She had gotten worse, much worse to the point she couldn't get out of bed and or hardly spoke.

"Have they said anything?" Helena asks walking up to Thomas. Thomas shakes his head.

"No, all I heard him say it's worse" he mumbles.

"I'm sorry your majesty, there is hardly anything I can do. Marie will have to fight this on her own" the doctor announces.

Scarlett nods and looks down at her daughter, creasing her hand softly "she will get better won't she?" Scarlett asks.

"She has put up a fight this long, there is a good chance but things can change in an instant and if her condition worsens I'm afraid she may have weeks or even worse days" The doctor says as gently as he could.

Scarlett's breath catches in her throat, Marie's eyes were fluttering trying to stay open.

"Merci Doctor" Scarlett says giving him a tight smile. He nods his head.

"I will walk you out doctor" Cole announces as he stands from Marie's bed. Cole eyes Helena and Thomas as they stood off to the side. The two had heard everything.

Helena places a hand on Thomas' shoulder as she looks at him starring at his girlfriend helplessly.

Scarlett lets out a shaky sigh and kisses Marie's forehead before standing up and turning to the two friends.

"I suggest you two don't come any closer, we have no idea what sickness this is" Scarlett announces.

"Like hell" Thomas scoffs walking closer to the bed, slipping past Scarlett and slowly lowering himself onto the bed, pulling Marie close to him. Marie weakly snuggles up to her boyfriend.

"Thomas" Scarlett sighs. Thomas immediately shakes her head.

"I can't leave her Scarlett, I'm sorry" Thomas says looking up at her. Scarlett glances over the young couple and sighs. With a nod she turns to leave the two.

Scarlett walks out of the triplets room, tears finally falling freely now. Helena stares at her two best friends. She watched as Thomas loving tucks a piece of Marie's brown hair behind her ear. She could see dark spots on her best friends cheek. Realizing that it is better to leave the two alone she slowly walks out of the room, closing the double doors behind her.

"I'm scared" Marie confesses weakly to her boyfriend.

Thomas so badly wanted to say me too but couldn't. He had to be brave for Marie.

"I know lumière des étoiles" Thomas sighs pulling her closer to him not caring if he himself will get sick as well, "I won't let anything happen to you"

"I don't want to die" Marie says with a chocked back sob. She was crying now which definitely isn't helping her condition.

"Shhh" Thomas coes placing a hand on her pale cheek and forcing her to look up at her, "who says you are dying right now Hmm? No one. Mar you still have a chance" Thomas reminds her.

Marie looks up into Thomas pale blue eyes that glistened with hope, pain and love.

"Fight baby, you gotta fight. I know you can do it, just please keep fighting because I love you. I fucking love you so much, please don't go" Thomas tells her, creasing her cheek softly.

Weakly Marie sighs and lowers her head back to Thomas' chest feeling her eyes flutter shut from exhaustion "I love you too Tom" Marie breathes out before sleep overcomes her.