Thirty-Eight.

William watched as Thomas shakes his head aggressively "it was a shitty conversation and a low blow from my father, he shouldn't have said that" Thomas snaps harshly.

"What's done is done Thomas" William says keeping his calm as he watches his best friend eye the pond they were standing at.

"He belittled you. You! A future king! His future ruler and your gonna tell me what's done is done? Cut the bull Will. He disrespected you and basically called you an unfit ruler before you had the chance to rule!" Thomas rambles.

Thomas had a right to be again and so did William but the future king was just better at hiding his rage compared to his best friend. Thomas temper always teetered when it came to his father.

"And the fact he tried to tell you to tell me to become prime minister and then he will accept your role as king has me rolling my eyes into eternity all over again" Thomas grumbles.

So perhaps telling Thomas wasn't the brightest idea William had but they never were ones to keep secrets.

William simply shrugs "he'll step down from his position at the end of next year, he won't be a bother to me when I'm king" William retaliates.

Thomas chuckles humorously "you always do try to the bright side of a shit conversation don't you?" Thomas asks.

"Perhaps, but it may get me in trouble in the future"

Thomas shrugs and looks back at the pond "I have no doubt. But what he said and did was still disrespectful"

William nods "I agree it was"

"If I was still living at home today would've been the day he kicked me out"

"Don't confront him" William sighs. Before Thomas had a chance to answer a twig snaps, sending the two males turning around. Standing at the end of the hill was Marie and Helena looking like they had just gotten caught by their parents.

"We didn't mean to intrude" Helena begins. Both males take in what the girls were holding, a picnic basket and a blanket. "We didn't know you were discussing something"

"Important" Marie finishes for Helena as she watched her boyfriends demeanour change from cold to relaxed as he approaches her.

"We were just finishing" William says with a tight smile as Helena walks down towards William.

"You okay?" Marie questions Thomas quietly.

Thomas nods and quickly presses his lips to hers.

"Well uh we were thinking we could have a picnic, just the four of us" Marie says as she stares into Thomas eyes.

"I think that's a good idea" William smiles. Marie sighs and pulls Thomas towards the tree where Helena and William starting to unpack.

"I'm surprised mother does not have you looking through documents and books again" Marie chuckles as Thomas helps unfolds the blanket she had brought.

"Yea well she went to Parliament for a meeting with dad" William announces.

"Oh" Marie nods glancing at Thomas who's jaw ticked.

"Okay how about during this lunch, we do not touch base on politics issues because from what I can see that is what you two were discussing so enough with the sour face Tom and sit" Helena instructs.

Thomas rolls his eyes but sits down beside Marie "whatever Hels" he grumbles.

"Where's Susanna and Nicholas?" William asks Marie.

"with Kennedy in town" Marie says.

"When was the last time the four of us were all down by the pond?" Helena questions.