Six

Scarlett's POV
I hear my door open "thank god, Lola can you tie the rest of this up please"I say exiting my bathroom and stopping only to see Cole walking in.

"I just came to drop this"he slowly waves an envelope.

"Sorry, I just thought you were Lola"I chuckle a bit.

"No worries, I think she's busy"

"Well do you mind getting one of my sisters"I sigh as I stand in front of my mirror. I watch him place the envelope on my desk.

"Here let me"he says.

"You sure you can handle it?" I ask him.

"I have a younger sister"he says as I watch him from the mirror tower from behind me "she's actually Lucy's age"he says before tying me up. I watch him through the mirror.

"I bet she is just like Lucy in some ways?" I ask. He chuckles.

"You could say that. She's a good mix of my mother and father"

"And you aren't?"

"I'd say I'm just like my father"he mumbles "even the terrible bits" i turn around to face him.

"I don't think your terrible"I smile up at him, he gives me a forced smile back. I clear my throat and walk around him to my desk for the envelope.

"Is this from the prime minister?" I ask, I hear him hum.

Great something to push me over the edge again.

Suddenly a hand keeps the envelope in its place and I turn my head to the right to see Cole leaning on the desk, our faces inches apart.

"Just so you know, it's about what would happen if we go to war"

"It's a crime to look at other people's mail Mr Marshall" I tease. His eyes search mine and then go down to my lips.

"I just didn't want you to stress out while reading it so"he says, I watch as he flicks a piece of stray hair away.

"If a war is coming ill always stress"I tell him, we finally lock eyes and at this moment I so badly wanted him to kiss me.

And somehow he had read my mind because his hand came around the back of my neck and his lips were on mine, I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his neck. His free hand pulled me closer to him.

The kiss was sweet and passionate, it felt like the two of us were just in this world together and no one else.

"Cole! We got a problem!" We both hear. We step away and the door swings open.

"What?"Cole asks. Kennedy looks between us.

"Uh we've got an issue coming up the hill"

"The hill?" I ask. Kennedy walks past us and opens the balcony doors. The two of us rush forward and I lean on cobble rail looking to my left.

"That's an army?" I question.

"Cole"Kennedy says "your call"

"This palace is in lockdown"Cole says. "I'm gonna need you to gather in the library Scarlett"Cole says, I nod. "We move now let's go" Cole orders Kennedy.

We exit my room "This palace is on official lockdown"Cole says into the walkie.

"I've got the royal children"Jefferson says.