Twenty-Six

William storms past the main hallway annoyed, he tracks back and stops at a window that overlooked the garden. He spotted his siblings sitting on a blanket having a picnic.

William realized that his triplet had been avoiding him entirely since the party. That was four days ago.

He didn't understand why she had become so mad with him, they had been fine at the party so what changed?

William finds himself jogging down the stairs and heading towards garden.

"No Nicholas, you are suppose to hold the plate not just grab with your fingers" William heard Susanna screech in horror at their younger brother.

William approached his siblings "why have you become to hostile towards me?" William questions starring down at his triplet.

The three look up at William who had his hands to his hips "I beg your pardon?" Marie asks.

"How improper of you William! This is a formal picnic" Susanna sighs.

"Why have you been avoiding me Marie?" William repeats.

"I have not" Marie defends.

"Have too" William waits for Marie to answer and she doesn't "may i?" William asks to Susanna.

"Go!" Susanna waves her hand "this picnic is a disaster!" She sniffles.

"I think it is going well" Nicholas smiles with sauce all of his mouth. The three older kids stare at him in disbelief.

"Go! Please!" Susanna bellows, pushing her sister before she stumbles up. William grabs ahold of Marie's elbow gently and ushers the two outside of the palace.

Outside of the palace was better to talk, soldiers were everywhere, ears everywhere.

"What are you doing?" Marie squeaks as she squirms against her triplets grip.

"You will tell me what is wrong and what I had done wrong" William gives his sister a pointed look.

"I do not have to tell you anything if I do not wish too" Marie scoffs.

"You will when we are your eating your favourite" William gives his little sister a small smile before continuing to walk down road.

Marie buffs in annoyance, William always lured Marie into something by using her favourite dessert, Choux pastry. The divine puff pastry she adores. Marie knew she could not say so she followed her brother reluctantly.

William guides Marie down the street to their favourite pastry bakery, he could feel the change in his pocket that he had been saving. He did not expect to have used the change today but he wanted to know why his sister was avoiding him.

Marie settles into a chair just outside the bakery, William following suit and sitting across. The owner soon greeted the Prince and Princess with a large smile and promises of the beloved pastry.

William watched Marie look around the street they were seated on, he enjoyed people watching especially when it came to his sister. He enjoyed watching her eyes light up when it came to the civilians on the street, she was definitely a people person and immediately knew how to get along with others quickly, which was a good trait to become the leader of France.

William however tended to keep to himself, would rather have his nose in a book then talk to others. That is what worried him about him being next in line, the interaction portion.

"Merci" William thanks the owner, Marie does the same. The kind owner leaves the two siblings be.

"Why are you mad at me?"