Chapter 1 - Schedules

Beep. Beep. Beep.

(Y/N) slammed down on her alarm clock. 'Twas the first day of school, and this girl 'twas not very happy about that.

Even though she was excited to see her friends again, (Y/N) knew most days she'd be left staring aimlessly off as a teacher droned on about something she'd never actually need to know. Sometimes, especially now, (Y/N) just wished she could experience some of the things that happened in anime and escape her seemingly dull reality.

(Y/N) pulled on her school uniform. The girl didn't really mind wearing a uniform since it saved her the time of searching for an outfit to wear, plus it wasn't horribly ugly. She quickly brushed her (H/C) hair and patted down her skirt. (Y/N) went to make breakfast before heading to school. She walked downstairs and saw her mother, who was currently eating her own meal.

"Good morning, (Y/N)!" (Y/N)'s mother greeted cheerfully.

"You're leaving today, right?" The teen asked rather nonchalantly, more focused on preparing herself some food.

"Yes, your father and I are leaving in a few hours, but he's asleep right now."

(Y/N) knew that any amount of sleep was necessary for her father, since her parents' jobs allowed little downtime, so she just gave a small nod in response.

Her mother continued, looking even more distressed as she spoke, "We will be gone for a month, at the very least." (Y/N) looked sadly at her mother, who was obviously worried about the girl's well-being.

"No need to worry about anything, you know I have neither the will nor means to do anything crazy." (Y/N) said with a small smile, trying to comfort her saddened mother. "I've been alone for a longer amount of time, " (Y/N) added as she walked over to the toaster and popped a piece of bread in.

"I know, I know." Her mother said as she washed her plate, "It's just that I hate leaving you alone all the time." (Y/N) looked at her mother, not knowing what to say. After a few painfully long seconds, her mother broke the silence, "Well, just make sure not to miss too much school, and keep your grades up." (Y/N)'s mother said, trying her best to smile for her daughter. "And one more thing," (Y/N) looked at her mother, "we won't be able to use our phones much this time around since we'll be out of the country, so if you need something, ask the neighbors, they'll help you with whatever you need." (Y/N)'s mother said before giving a faint smile.

"Yeah, okay." (Y/N) replied with a reassuring smile.

Ding!

(Y/N) grabbed her toast and walked with as much joy as she could muster out the door.

After walking for a bit, (Y/N) stood up to her school gate and sighed, dreading all the things to come. But her sadness didn't last long, for she soon heard an all too familiar voice.

"(YYY/NNN)!!!"

Before (Y/N) could realize what was happening, she suddenly made contact with another person and the hard ground.

"Hey, Ayako!! Get off of me!" (Y/N) yelled at said girl and immediately felt a pressure lift.

"Sorry, (Y/N)!" Ayako said, trying to please her angered friend by helping her up. (Y/N) grasped onto Ayako's hand and pulled herself up. Just as (Y/N) stood up, she saw a smaller figure enter the frame. (Y/N) greeted her other friend.

"Hey, Itsumi." (Y/N) smiled gleefully at the blonde.

Ayako and Itsumi were (Y/N)'s best friends, and she didn't know how she would have survived school without them, both literally and figuratively. All schools could be hell, but the student relations there were often a bit intense. Needless to say, it was nice to have people who had your back.