4. Terza's Heart

Clarisa took a look into his eyes. They were deep. They had warning behind them. His piercing stare was making her hesitate to stop and remind herself of the warnings she had received. Everyone warned her about him. She laughed off most of them. Everyone could fear him but she didn't. She belonged to him. He was not going to hurt what was his. She took a step backwards "The rules..."

Vincenzo shook his head " There is one winner. Loser can forfeit or fight till they get a lesson the hard way."

Clarisa put her hands on her hips " The sword is the lady's choice of course. Ladies go first." Clarisa then didn't wait for a response. She turned around and muttered as she walked away " This is what I missed about this place, Vincenzo. Some challenge. You have scared people off there and cousins do your bidding. No one dares be my lab partner, never mind my duel partner."

Vincenzo watched her reach for the swords crossed on the wall. She stood up on her tip toes and pulled them from their holdings as Vincenzo took a deep breath watching her figure. He took a good look at her up and down. She was gorgeous. He suggested " Get comfortable. Take the coat off."

Clarisa turned around with two swords in her hands. She took a step towards his desk and put the swords on the table as she was watching him intently and warily walk closer to the desk.

Vincenzo approached the desk and put his hand behind his back as he watched Terza put the swords on the table. He watched her reach for her buttons. He stated " Nice coat. Where did you get it?"

Clarisa spoke as she was unbuttoning the coat " A designer made it for me on your aunts request."

Vincenzo smiled " Light blue matches your eyes. I like to see this coat on a winter day in the alps when you go skiing."

Clarisa froze. She looked at him with questioning eyes " Wait... How do you know? That's what the designer said to me... Have you been watching me that close?"

Vincenzo shrugged " I know everything Terza. You are my girl."

Clarisa narrowed her eyes as she was taking her coat off much quicker. " I can't believe this... You talked to the designers..."

Vincenzo took a breath as his eyes sparkled when her colosseum necklace came into view on her white dress. He replied " For that week only. I can't have them making my Terza unsatisfied."

Clarisa picked up her sword and declared " I will show you what satisfied means..."

Vincenzo nodded as he reached for the sword handle " You already have shown me. You have worn your necklace. That is satisfaction to me."

Clarisa gasped in disbelief and her eyes hardened.

As Vincenzo touched the sword handle, he saw his Terza jumping over the desk. She then jumped on the floor and stood in front of Vincenzo as she attacked Vincenzo. She hit her sword on his as hard as she could. He blocked her effortlessly but didn't put any extra force behind his defence to push her back. He was holding her up and by the looks of it he was in no hurry to do anything except stare at her.

To Clarissa's annoyance, he didn't act offensive at all as she jumped back and attacked again. He just defended himself. Their swords locked again as they stared into each other's eyes.

Clarisa demanded " Attack back."

Vincenzo gave her a sly smile " I will. I will attack your lips with mine."