39. Irish Nemesis

Francesco arrived at his mansion with his son after a lengthy trip to the Irish side of town negotiating with the O'Reilys on release of Angelia's cousins. He didn't think they were going to back off from their high price very easily and he wasn't disappointed. But even as an Irish family they knew when to start giving into his demands. He never lost a deal. It was impossible.

As they got off the car, he saw Adele walking to him. He walked to her "Sweetheart. Why are you outside?"

Adele walked to her husband "Vincenzo ... He is back..."

Francesco looked around "Where?"

Adele said "He is with Tristan and ... Nolan at the archery grounds."

Francesco sighed. What a day? He had to attend hours of a meeting with one hostile Irish family and now he had to deal with the son of his arch nemesis befriending his younger son in a business deal. The not so welcome Irish kid was having a social time at his home with his son and his god son right now. What was his world coming to when he took a step back from running it? However, Nolan O'Leary was viewed more like an unwanted Christmas present at that moment. He was his enemy's son getting close to his family that he could exploit but again he could use him as he was intended to by his son for now. However he was still as unwelcome as a Christmas present that was never wanted. Nolan was useful but was it worth allowing the business deal his son was going to have with the O'Learys to go ahead? It depended on his son's negotiations that day. This was a one off. This was his younger son's venture and not his own. Right now, Francesco wanted that kid off the premises as soon as he signed the papers. Nolan was taking over his father's business and he surprisingly wanted to do business with rosarios unlike his father, Nixon O'Leary who blocked every deal Francesco ever put on the table with any Irish family for that matter except with the O'Neil's. Nothing made O'Neil push away Francesco. Now Viggo badly wanted to invest in businesses in Chicago but the areas he wanted to take over were under the clutches of O'Learys. He didn't think they were going to budge but surprisingly their heir, Nolan was interested in doing business with Viggo even though his father, Nixon wasn't. As soon as Nolan signed the papers he wanted him out. Then he was going to sit Viggo down to lecture him on his future decisions. O'Learys were working with the O'Kanes but were not influential in the business world in ways that the O'Kane's were. Their wealth was equal but not power. The O'Learys were influential in businesses involving narcotics that Francesco didn't go near. They were into drugs too that neither him or anyone in his circles touched. Francesco knew that the O'Learys were going to be right beneath the O'Kanes in terms of wealth one day unless they sorted their businesses out. FBI was on their trail. It was a matter of time. They owned a ridiculous area of land which was bound to be sold once the narcotics business and drugs failed. He didn't care either way to help them out when the FBI crashed on them. The only Irish family he cared for were the O'Neil's. Others meant nothing to him. Tristan had to prove to him he was more of an O'Neil than an O'Kane otherwise he wasn't going to let him be with his daughter. Nothing mattered to him but his wife and children. If he had to show them tough love for their own protection then he had to. But he was certain Tristan was going to continue to be his father's son rather than become O'Kane's puppet. He had almost become one recently but Francesco was convinced that his rash decisions were because he had thought Vienna had died. He was young. He had so much to learn. Did he really think he was going to be calm if his daughter was killed?

Francesco looked into his wife's eyes "Did Vincenzo do anything to upset you sweetheart?"

The serious tone hit Viggo hard who was watching his father silently while leaning to the car. Him and Vincenzo were counted as kids to their father no matter who they had become. They were not to break their father's rules under his roof. His father didn't care for business as much as he did for family. Business issues could be resolved easily. But family was blood and his father was harsher about it.