45. Adele's Embrace & River of No Return

Tristan kissed Vienna on the cheek "Wait in the car. Ok? Wait for my father's instructions. I need to have a word with him before anything else. Is that ok?" He could see the change in Vienna. She knew how serious this was. Her grandfather was inside sand so was her father. Being banned to see his grandfather while she was allowed to do a lot of other things in her life had been part of her life from an early age. She knew there was going to be a potential serious family confrontation.

Vienna hugged her body with her hands and whispered "It's ok. I understand. I was not planning on leaving the car unless asked by my father."

Tristan kissed her on the other cheek "I will be back." He then got out of his car and walked to his father who was outside his car watching Vincenzo from far. Tristan reached his father "Do you really think it's a good idea? I don't understand why you made a decision but it's not too late to reverse it. Let's drive Mrs Rosario to their mansion as asked."

O'Neil smiled sadly as his stare wasn't leaving Vincenzo who was sitting on the edge of marble water fountain engraved with Italian architecture. He sighed "Son. I told you this is for your own good to have a practical education. It's good for you to witness how a real man deals with his family affairs. I could leave you to drink soda with your uncle Jackson in his club tonight but I decided this is more beneficial to witness action here. It's important for my family to be there for Francesco's. This is the main reason we are here but I can't lie. I am an opportunist. I wanted you to get an education. I could leave you behind to go about your business but I didn't. This is more important."

Tristan put his hand on his hips shaking his head "Father. You can't play around with Francesco Rosario. He asked you to take his wife to his house. You didn't comply and brought her to his work place..."

O'Neil still wasn't meeting his sons eyes as his attention was on the calm figure of Vincenzo who was drinking soda patiently while sitting on the fountain marble steps. "Son. You said it yourself. I refused to do as Francesco asked. Then why are you restless. I give you education, watch and learn. Is spending time with your precious uncle so important you are all worked up?" He then glanced at his son "Is that it? I didn't raise you to follow your uncle. I raised you to be a unique independent individual. You can rise above him without having to be like him. You either are my son or you are not."

Tristan sighed "Father. Where is this conversation leading? I am not liking this. This is madness. I will always take your side. My first loyalty is to you..."

O'Neil put a hand on his shoulder "Then keep quiet and do as I say... I need you to learn from Francesco, not your uncle Jackson. What I want you to learn tonight is not something you will learn from your uncle Jackson..."

Tristan was curious "What is it that he can't teach me?"

O'Neil stated simply "When he comes out watch how he treats his woman. Just watch. Here you will observe how a real man treats his woman. Your uncle Jackson is not capable of teaching you this lesson.

Tristan said "Is that because he has no woman?"

O'Neil stated "No."

Tristan asked "Is it because he is not honourable in your view as he gives into temptation and loves a woman who has a husband?"

O'Neil said "No. Son. Don't make me laugh. You make it sound as though any honourable man deserves a medal... Being faithful and honourable is like being able to breathe in oxygen. You are not special because you can breathe this air. It's the same notion with being faithful and honourable. It's natural. Anyone who can't manage to keep their eyes and mind focused on a woman and be moral about it is ... well... let's say they have something wrong with them... Your uncle can teach you to do business with the worst kind of people on earth, his kind. He can also introduce you to some of his contacts that I even have no access to. That's it. It's about power when you deal with your uncle and nothing else.... ." He then saw Francesco coming out of the building "Watch and learn in silence. Francesco is in business mode right now dealing with a traitor that's his cousin Antonio and dealing with his so called father who he has no relations with. Look how he treats his woman despite his own conflicts. This is the kind of man I taught you to be, not the kind your uncle wants you to be which is a terrorising power hungry Irish king wanting to extend territory and build a fortress rather than building a home. A home is not a castle. A home is a home, not your work place. Don't mix the two up. Your uncle certainly does."