28. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 3)

Vincenzo arrived at his father's mansion and looked around with a smile through the windows. There was no place like home. He got off the car and found himself greeted by Viggo who had come down to the front yard. He silently walked to his brother and his brother mirrored his actions. The two brothers embraced. Viggo whispered "Its good you decided to come."

Vincenzo whispered back "How are mother and father?" He then pulled away looking at his brother with a serious expression.

Viggo said "They are ok. Mother sometimes cries when father is not home. She is not happy."

Vincenzo asked "What do you do when she cries?"

Viggo said "I tell her she has nothing to worry about."

Vincenzo said "And does she believe you? "

Viggo said "No."

Vincenzo said "I will talk to her." He then turned to look around "What is this Viggo? Who are these Irish people around here?"

Viggo said "One is Tristan's party and the other belongs to the O'Reily family."

Vincenzo's blood boiled at the mention of that name "O'Reily? Which ones have showed up today?"

Viggo said "Reagan and her mother."

Vincenzo laughed bitterly "I leave this place for a few weeks and the  O'Reilys show up here? Really Viggo? Reagan has eyes for you. I dont like Angelia but I respect it that she is your girl. Reagan being here is not what I expected. I expect you to show hostility to her here."

Viggo explained "Before you jump to conclusions, it was not my idea. Mother has invited Reagan and her mother for coffee. Vienna is now close to Reagan. They will go to the same art school."

Vincenzo said "So does Tristan allow this?"

Viggo said "Yes. Reagan is an O'Reily. The O'Kanes in Boston and New York have a close brotherhood with their Philadelphia counterparts historically. Vienna is safe around her because to the Irish Vienna is one of them now. Even if we dont see it that way they do see her as Tristan's possession."

Vincenzo said "I know Tristan takes her side. They are Irish. They are of the same blood... But why do you  not show her hostility."

Viggo argued "I cant exactly show hostility. She hasn't technically done anything to warrant any confrontations."

Vincenzo started clapping and spoke in a sarcastic way "Wow. How impressive? I am gone and you turn into a cautious one. Congratulations on losing your mind."

Viggo said "Dont you think I am frustrated by this? I nearly lost it with her up there and thats why I came down here to walk it off. I cant do anything unprovoked Vincenzo. There are rules..."

Vincenzo said "Viggo. What rules are we talking about here? No rules apply when it comes to defending your territory Viggo."

Viggo argued "I dont need to defend my territory when there is no attack. My territory is intact."

Vincenzo said "Of course you dont need no defence. You need offence. We make the rules when it comes to our territory. You must claim your territory. You must do it in a way no one dares trespass through it. You cant afford to be conservative. There are no rules except the ones you make when it comes to your territory. You will make others follow your rules when it comes to the one you claim..."