37. The Welcome

Angelia was sitting in her well guarded room at the Rosario mansion. She was sitting on the sofa thinking about her life and what was to come. She had no idea. She hugged herself with her arms as she leaned back and let the silence sink in. She wanted to get used to this. She had to get used to being lonely now that she had given Viggo up. She knew now every single girl of her class would have been thankful to her. Viggo was a dream. She was certain his family wanted him with a girl of power like Reagan. She had so much that she didn't have. She looked stunning. She had a spark in her eyes that no one did. She had everything. She had a powerful family and allies who were willing to fight for her. But who was willing to fight for her. She was better off alone. She felt that she deserved to be alone. She didn't think she could live long after she left the rosario protection program. Viggo had to let her go. It was her punishment for allowing harm to come to Vienna even though she had no knowledge of what was to happen. Mistakes didn't exist.

She closed her eyes and fought back tears not wanting to cry. She had no more tears left. Viggo had done so much for her. He deserved better. He didn't deserve to be stuck with her. The look in his eyes haunted her. He felt betrayed. He felt heart broken. She felt guilt. He must have hated her but surely not as much as she hated herself and wished she was not causing the rosarios so much trouble. She didn't deserve this protection. She deserved to be open to harm like her entire family who were massacred. Without Viggo she was not going to live long. She didn't want to die. She was not suicidal. But maybe she deserved to be hurt. Maybe this was her destiny. She deserved to be punished.

Suddenly she was startled as she heard the door open soundly. She opened her eyes and cover her mouth. She was shocked to see the figure at the door. She almost screamed. With one hand she was covering her mouth and with one hand she was covering her heart. It was Vincenzo. He looked like his father. Everything about him screamed at her to show respect. She was too shocked to react. She hadn't seen him in a while. He was staring at her with his judgmental eyes as he was standing at the door leaning to the pillar with one hand and the other hand was on his hips.

Vincenzo said "What's the matter? You don't look happy to see me?" He then stared straight ahead as he walked forward and made her jump as he closed the door with his leg soundly "You think you can dump my brother and get away? I thought you were smarter."

As he was walking towards where she was sitting she stood up and put her hands up in surrender "Please ... Dont..."

Vincenzo chuckled darkly as he stopped walking "Don't what?"

Angelia backed away and her back hit the wall as she was still putting her hand up. She felt vulnerable. She never took on Vincenzo. She was not that crazy. If he was there to do anything he could. No one could stop him. Not even Viggo. She didn't mind dying. But she minded having to face Vincenzo. Angering him was a fate worse than death. "Don't hurt me... what is it you want from me? I have lost everything. What do you want me to do? I left your brother. Now he is free to be with anyone who deserves her...."

Vincenzo furrowed his eyebrows. He leaned to the dining table in the room and faced her "You have nerve Angelia. You really do. You stare right into my eyes and you tell me that my brother will now be free? He was always free Angelia. No one takes the choices of a Rosario away. That's rule one. You are not doing my brother a favour. If he wanted to get rid of you he could have done in a heart beat. He never needed your blessing or permission. You think you are doing him a favour but you are kidding yourself. I don't make empty threats. You are making demands to leave my brother. Don't you know my family?"

Angelia's heart was beating fast in her chest. It was hard holding eye contact with a Young Don who was here to reprimand her for doing wrong to his brother. He was too calm just like always. He was unpredictable. He kept a safe distance away from her but it was most likely out of respect for Viggo.   She breathed " I was asked to choose a punishment."