8. A Father's Love

The sound of helicopters brought Vincenzo and Tristan out of their thoughts. They looked at each other and wordlessly gestured to each other to leave the rest room as they took their hand guns out. Something was going on. As the two books walked outside the rest room, they noticed the guards in defence mode. They decided to make their way to their grandfathers up the stairs. But as they walked up, they stopped in their tracks watching the sight outside the windows. Men were landing on balconies tied to ropes. They were their father's men so Vincenzo and Tristan decided not to move or react. The place was under attack by the same men they observed sand trained every day. They knew exactly what protocol to follow.

Everything happened so fast. Before they knew it, Tristan and Vincenzo found themselves surrounded. Pablo, Vincenzo's head of security walked to Vincenzo. "Sir, your father's orders are to come with me to the waiting cars outside. You need to be returned home immediately."

Just then Vincenzo watched the O'Neil head of security issue the same instructions to Tristan. The boys again looked at each other in silence. If the men thought these boys were just going to walk away they were mistaken.

But Tristan didn't want to make a scene. He decided to go down and follow the head of security but with thoughts to get back up. He had to see his father.

Vincenzo objected " I need to go up there..."

Pablo shook his head " No sir. Your father is upstairs with Mr O'Neil on the room and our strict orders are not to allow you to reach the top. We have the right to restrain you."

Vincenzo almost choked " What? My father is here?"

Pablo nodded " Yes sir. There was news of sightings of dangerous trespassers in our territories. Your father caught the earlier plane."

Vincenzo ran his hand over his hair and turned to look at Tristan's form who was walking down the steps. It was dead silent down there. He could see the Giovanni men had surrendered. The place was packed with O'Neil and Rosario men. He looked back up at Pablo " I will go. But I need to go to the rest room first." He then turned and walked towards the rest room on that floor. The men didn't follow of course. They never imagined him defying his father's orders. There was a death sentence for anyone else if they disobeyed a direct order from his father but of course he was immune. He didn't mind paying for it. He had to do this. He needed this. He had to be there when his father confronted his grandfather. He had so many questions.

Vincenzo's heart started beating faster as he entered the rest room. Time was running out. There was so much fear inside him even though he didn't show it. What if his father killed his grandfather. He hadn't had time to get to know him well. What if he never got the chance.

Vincenzo used the secret passage that was inside the rest room. He walked quickly up to the roof. He opened the door and as the crispy fresh air hit him, his heart sank. He watched his father holding his grandfather's neck in his hand pinning him to the wall of the small building structure on top of the roof. He shouted " No." He then watched as his father's murderous stare turned to him. His father roared " How dare you defy me Vincenzo? I said you must go to the car."

Vincenzo cringed as he watched his father punch his grandfather in the stomach without his stare leaving Vincenzo making his grandfather bend over in pain clutching his stomach. Vincenzo started to walk towards them but then halted automatically as his father started to walk towards him " You go down the way you came. Now Vincenzo."