67. Cold Wind of Change

As his blindfold came off for third time, Stefano found himself to be back at the border and faced with being surrounded by many more cars that he had left behind. Many many cars belonging to Rosarios. It seemed like Alexander had called for back up. He explained that the situation was under control.

He went to Alexander "Why did you call for back up? I have got it under control."

Alexander said " Oh, back up is not for the Russians. It's for the Irish actually. Tristan didn't like that you interfered. He wanted to deal with the matter personally when he dropped Vienna off. This is for your protection just in case he loses his temper. You never know."

Stefano sighed "I don't need protection. Tristan is not unreasonable." He then got into the car and Alexander sat opposite him.

Alexander asked "Did Andrei really See Vienna there?"

Stefano said " He had seen her. Come on. When Tristan wants to leave someone alive he would use partially transparent hoods or blindfolds so they feel overpowered. He wasn't really torturing him. Was he? He was having a friendly chat. So yes. He could get some glimpse. Either that or he managed to see through some gaps. It happens."

As the cars were making their way Alexander looked at the side mirror. "They are gaining on us. Damn it. What does Tristan want with you?"

Stefano asked "Please tell me Vienna is not in these cars..."

Alexander said "No. He delivered her safely to her home and now he is coming back to get you. Good luck."

Stefano sighed "Stop the car. I don't like car chases. You know how it ends when the Irish are driving. Tristan's father hires drivers more skilled than formula 1 drivers."

Alexander signalled for the car's to stop. They were on a Not so busy highway road so it was possible to stop easily. He then asked "Formula 1? Really?"

Stefano said "It's true. They have criminal records so they can't get world class trophies. Can they?"

Stefano then got off the car and didn't have to wait long to be called up by Tristan. He signalled the Rosario men to stay in cars. They were surrounding him as the Irish men came to take stefano.

Stefano managed to convince them to stay back. Diplomacy was his job. He was lead to one of the cars that he assumed was Tristan's. He got in and sat down opposite Tristan. He then said "Hi. You wanted to see me?"

Tristan didn't respond and Stefano felt the threat. He had to answer to him and his people were right to send him back up. This king didn't take nonsense. All his worries about Andrei retaliating was evaporating. Did this guy look like he was just going to be defeated for Andrei to take his girl? He didn't think so.

As the door to the car closed, Tristan said calmly but harshly " Do you have any idea what you have done? ... I was going to resolve the situation personally and assess the threats. But you didn't even consult me... Now tell me... Who gave you orders to involve yourself? Explain to me exactly what you said and did? What did you hear? I want every detail. Even if you miss one tiny detail and I find out, you will be very sorry."

Stefano hesitated thinking over his words. He then started speaking slowly and carefully giving as much detail. He said his account and added "Vienna is as safe as she always has been. You can't predict the future. But I know Andrei. He fights fair."

Tristan said " I didn't ask you regarding how he fights. Tell me what was said and done... You may carry on."

Stefano stared at Tristan and took a deep breath " Well. This is almost everything... You know me Tristan. I don't like guess work. I only deal with the facts and evidence. I don't like estimations and doubt... I don't like to speculate..."