13. His Beloved's Battles

Terza was faced with many questions left and right from her family. Her parents and two brothers were facing her in the lounge of their hotel suite. She was explaining countless times how she was not hurt and hadn't been forced to do anything she didn't wish to do. But she didn't know why they didn't stop asking questions. Her father was going to be the decider of that. When he found that all his questions were answered he was going to adjourn the meeting.

Emanuelle looked at his daughter sitting on the couch as he was standing pacing the floor while the rest of his family were seated. He was satisfied to some extent but not content. He announced " I need to have a word with Clarisa. I will be down in a few minutes. It's time for dinner."

Wordlessly Sancia reluctantly nodded and lead her sons outside.

As the door closed, Enamelle faced his daughter. He sat down next to her on the couch and slowly reached her hand to hers. He took her hand in his and squeezed it tight as he spoke " Terza Clarisa, I know you may think there is no way other than going forward but sometimes it's good to stop. I didn't raise you to be played by any man's rules. This is a man's world but you are my daughter. I will protect you and support you with any decisions you make."

Terza looked up " What do you think? You didn't say what you think. Mum said I should go out with him and make sure I take revenge on him for all the time that he has made me wait for him to sort out his mess with Letizia. Mum says she approves of an honourable man but I should make him pay and work hard. What do you say?"

Emanuelle smiled sadly as he leaned close and kissed his daughter's forehead. He pulled away and sighed " Princess. I don't doubt you will be no man's door mat. You will show Vincenzo who you are. You are my daughter and I am always proud of who you have become, an independent woman like your mother. I fell in love with your mother because of her independence and her defiance. She was not given much opportunity by her family to shine but she made sure she made something of what she was given. She rose above her brother in every way. She has a marriage with me that her brother couldn't retain with his ex wife and in business your mother is the envy of the city. She achieved all this because she didn't allow anyone else to change who she is. She made one mistake in life and that was marrying me. She could marry any other man. She could marry a man who was not her match in anyway. But she chose to ... end up with her match. That's what strikes me now about you that you are making the same choice. You have been desperately looking for your match and Vincenzo is the one. I have raised you and know how much you love being challenged. Ever since you were in your crib you loved to be challenged. You started to walk before Your twin, Trent. You did everything before Trent could. You tried to take on Tristan too when you were growing up. You even arm wrestled with your big brother. You did so much that no other girl dared do. You did everything by yourself. I tried to protect you but you always were keen to go forward. You signed up to internships in Italy to convince your mother and I to let you go abroad. You didn't let anyone hold you back and never will. I know that. But you are too young. You are hardly sixteen. I need you to make a promise to me that if anyone tries to hold you back, you come to me. I am your father. It's my responsibility to protect you."

Terza smiled " You have done enough already. You have given me enough freedom to be who I am. You allowed me to take opportunities as they came. I know why you speak this way as though I am going out of your reach. This is Vincenzo who is after me and he is not predictable. You do not know where life makes him end up and this is your warning to me that my life would be out of your hands. But I won't have it any other way. I can protect myself. I can go to battle without back up. I can promise you that I won't ever give up trying to achieve what I want and I won't let any man dictate to me to change who I am. I live for taking on the world."