5. His Choices

Clarisa wondered why he asked that question. He never had to but he did regardless. Vincenzo always asked her to tell him when to stop even though he never needed to simply because Vincenzo always knew when to stop. He could feel it. He could tell when his Terza didn't want to be close to him just by the look in her eyes or by the feel of her lips on his.

Vincenzo's breath brushed on her lips and before she knew it, he attached his lips to hers. She loved this kiss even though she wished she didn't. He was hard to resist. Why did he have to force down her barriers? Why did he have to make her lose control? Truth hurt. She missed him as much as he missed her but nothing changed the fact that his choices had taken her choices away. She was meant to despise him but she didn't. She couldn't. She had tried. He said he loved her but she wanted him to prove it to her. She deserved a proper boyfriend and not a part time one all in secret. This mess was so complicated. He deserved a chance but if he truly loved her, he was going to fight for her harder now that Vitale was turning eighteen.

Vitale was now a force and could take care of his own. If Vincenzo's cousin had backbone then he had to claim his girl now. It was now or never. Clarisa had told herself she was willing to wait until college. If Vincenzo didn't fight back, it was over. If he let her go, then she had to walk away. Love was not enough to conquer all. Determination and persistance mattered too.

Vincenzo slowly pulled away and stared into her eyes as he whispered " Terza... Tell me... What do you want right now? What do you want more than anything?"

Clarisa shook her head as she chuckled. She leaned her head to the wall and looked up the ceiling " I want what I have always wanted... I want you to challenge me Vincenzo... I want you to show me everything about you..." She then looked into his eyes as she glanced back at him " But more than anything I want you to fight for me. Right now you are bound by the covenant to keep Letizia safe and this is your approach. I know you are tied down right now and still I am wary of your possessive side... Right now you have to keep away. So I haven't felt your fill force fighting mode. I think it's a blessing you can't chase me... I am feeling quite free without a man to control me...."

Vincenzo retorted " Terza. I would never do that... I don't intend to control you..."

Terza sighed and looked away " Either way I am not kicking you where you will feel pain because I don't miss you enough Vincenzo. I like my freedom. It's a blessing you can't claim me. I am not ready for you..."

Vincenzo whispered back " You don't need to be ready... We can go slow Terza..."

Clarisa turned to looked at him " Well, for now it doesn't matter... Letizia is by your side...."

Vincenzo argued " Not for long... I promise you..."

Clarisa stated into his gorgeous eyes trying to memorise them. He still looked innocent. She smiled " Don't promise me... There is no need... I want you to fight for me... I want to see it Vincenzo. I want you to fight for me long and hard if you want me... Because be damn sure I will fight back long and hard. I won't be nodding my head to everything you say following your lead. If you want to make me follow you, you have to fight for it... to earn my respect."

Vincenzo raised an eyebrow " Terza... You are challenging me before it's your time to do so... Don't be in a rush. Enjoy your freedom while it lasts."

Clarisa smiled sweetly " You enjoy your pretence with Letizia while it lasts... My father says if you don't fight hard enough for what you want then someone else will." She expected a reaction and wasn't disappointed.

Vincenzo gave out a dark chuckle as he leaned close and spoke in a low tone as his lips were inches from hers. His warm breath was tickling her lips yet she felt cold as a shiver went down her spine as he stared her down " You are playing with fire Terza. You say I am tied down. There are binds holding me back from claiming you. But I will claim you Terza. I won't take any prisoners when I do... That's a promise..."