2

hiccup.

It was already break time, so it meant that Jack and I will be hanging out as we normally do. But even though that's considered normal between us, I don't think I can face him after what he did earlier morning. I felt my face flush because of embarrassment, and I hid it by bowing down. Jack and I have been best friends since childhood, but I'm hiding these romantic feelings I have for him because he has a girlfriend. Besides, love between two men is unspeakable. 

"Oh Hic! There you are." Jack was outside the classroom's open door.

"Ah... what's up? Looking for Thiana?" I asked.

He chuckled. "No silly! I'm looking for you. Let's eat!" He said and I blushed a bit and took my bag and went outside. "That's an embarrassing thing to say though." I told him and nudged him with my elbow. "How is it embarrassing? You know, you got to learn how to be comfortable with me. I'm your best friend! Unless, you're hiding something." He said and it shook me actually.

"If I am hiding something, I'll tell you right away." I said.

"But, if you're hiding something, is it normal to tell someone else?" 

I didn't really think about that. Jack is such a genius when he isn't even thinking about anything right. "You're my best friend. That's normal!" I said with a slight laugh. Walking beside him was normal. Hanging out was normal. Being comfortable was normal. That's right, 'was'. I never knew I'd be this much uncomfortable now beside him. I've been in love with him for as long as I can remember. 

"Ew, only spaghetti for breaks? I enrolled in a good school, but has bad food." Jack said.

"I can share my lunch with you if you'd like. Just don't eat the meat too much." I told him.

He suddenly squeezed me and took my lunch box away. I was swept off my feet, I didn't know how to act. I was dumbstruck right then and there. Jack, how can you be so sly? You do all those things that you don't even know how I feel.

But actually, just being around you is enough for me.

I sat on the table while Jack was already eating my lunch out of his free will. "Jack, you do know I haven't eaten yet." I told him, with glaring eyes. "Ah! I'm sorry! I kind of got carried away because it was just so delicious!" He said and gave me what's left. Great, I was the one who made this lunch, and now I'm getting leftovers. 

"Who made it? Your father?" He asked.

"No, I did." I told him and his jaw dropped.

He laughed. "You could pass off as a housewife honestly! If you were a girl, I'd probably marry you, but I got Thiana now." He said and I smiled forcefully. That hurts, Jack. You'd probably never notice the face I'm making behind this smiling facade. You will never know how much I'm hurting because, that's just how much I love you, get it?

He looked at his watch and stood up from the chair he was sitting on. "I got to go. I have to meet with Thiana." He said and I waved my hand. "Go, she's gonna get so pissed if you're late." I told him and he chuckled. "Thanks, bye!" He said and went off. I finished my lunch, but tears streamed down my face. Ugh, this hurts so much. I hate putting up this stupid facade. 

Jack, please end my feelings for me.

○○○○○○

chapter 2! Please enjoy!