14

hiccup.

Everything became blurry to me. After I kissed Jack and he ran away, I cried for several hours before eventually moving on. I got better in a few days, but I've decided to take absences for three days from school. I just couldn't stand being with Jack, even if there are people surrounding us. I need time to move on. 

Eventually, my hiding days are limited. I was forced back to school by my father and I decided to roll with it. "Hiccup!" I turned behind me and I saw Astrid running towards me. She hugged me tight and I hugged her back. "I was lonely for days! I'm glad you're feeling okay now!" She exclaimed and then I felt someone tap me on the back. I turned around and it was Jace. 

"Jace!" I exclaimed. 

"That's Doctor Jace to you. Are you still sick?" He asked, checking my temperature. 

I shook my head. "I'm fine now, I think." I told him and he smiled. "Hey, are you free later after school? Let's eat somewhere." He invited me and I nodded. "I don't have anything important to do anyway." I said and smiled at him. "Hey, what are you two doing not inviting me?" Astrid said and Jace teased her. "No one invites a girl to a boys' night out!" He said and Astrid stomped on his foot. "I'm secretly a man, you ass hat!" She said and grabbed my hand and we walked away. 

"Hey was that alright? He's a teacher you know?"

"He's the school doctor, no harm done if he can heal himself!" 

I laughed at her logic. It was funny and creative thinking. "By the way Hiccup, how would you cope up with...you know?" Astrid asked and I shrugged. "I'm just gonna brush it off." I told her and she gave me another hug. Why do girls keeping hugging other people? I don't get the satisfaction in hugging, besides it's giving you comfort. "You're the strongest person I know, Hiccup! Come on, classes are about to start." She said and I nodded. 

We walked in the classroom and I noticed Jack sitting there, with his earphones on. He didn't notice me walk in which was a good sign. He was also reading something. Astrid left me and went to her seat. The homeroom teacher went in and started taking attendance. Jack suddenly removed his earphones and was focused in front. 

"Hiccup, are you here now?" The teacher asked. 

"I'm here." 

The moment I said that, Jack suddenly turned behind me so fast. His eyes were swollen. I don't know what that was about. I turned away, not making eye contact anymore. But when I did that, he looked a bit hurt. Like he was regretting something...but snap out of it Hiccup! A friend who does not accept you despite your identity crisis is not a friend at all. Those words he said were all lies. Homeroom was awkward for us both, and the moment the teacher left, everyone around us started moving seats, talking to their friends. I decided to sleep. 

"Hiccup." 

I woke up to that voice. That very soothing and calming voice. It was Jack. I hate that I love his voice. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked. "Your one minute starts now." I told him and he scratched his head. "Hey, I'm really sorry for the way I acted a few days ago. I was insensitive. Can we just keep being friends? It's really awkward if we don't." He said and I smirked. 

You're still a lot insensitive now. Friends? Despite knowing my feelings?

"Fine." I said. He got relieved. What are you getting relieved for? "Just until the school year ends. After that, we have nothing to talk about. We have nothing in common. We're just neighbors. We're just childhood friends. That's all there is." I said and stood up from my seat. Jack was bowing down, and I shrugged it off. I went out of the classroom. "Hiccup, where are you going?" The class president asked. 

"I'm feeling a little bit uncomfortable. I'll go to the clinic." 

Along the way I realized how hard my chest was hurting. I realized how fast I was walking. And I realized just how much I love him. It's all so hard, I can't even stop my tears from flowing so much. It's all nonsense. I want to forget him. I want to forget him. I want to forget him. I want to forget him. 

I opened the door of the clinic and found Jace doing paperworks. He noticed me come in and he was shocked. "Hiccup? Why are you crying?" He asked. I grabbed him by the collar of his lab coat. "Make me forget him. Please." I said to a heterosexual. He grabbed my hand and kissed it gently. Why would you do that? I just want to talk. 

"If that's what your heart desires." He said and lent me a chair to sit on. "Why'd you kiss my hand? That was creepy." I told him. "I thought you were looking for a boyfriend to forget your poor unrequited love?" He said and I squint my eyes at him. "You're straight, I'm not. I don't want you to force yourself. Besides, we talked it out as friends." I said and he laughed. 

"I'm straight, but you've captivated me Hiccup. Say, won't you take me?" 

I looked at his eyes. He has the same eye color as Jack. What the hell is going on with my life?

○○○○○○

pnahpnahpnah butter. i am completely addicted to rupaul's drag race