24

jack.

Everything I have done so far either ends up unfortunate or just a dead mistake.

Hiccup hates me now and I would probably get the feeling that before we graduate this high school, he's going to want to forget me and our decade of friendship. Why did I have to be so indecisive when I could have just completely scooped him up and loved him the way he wanted to be loved. Jack, you are one annoying creature.

I feel weary and tired today. I didn't get enough sleep last night because I was too busy trying to make everything alright with Hiccup. I think I like him honestly. I think... But, it's useless to try to think about it now. I yawned, and saw Jace the school doctor talking to someone. I looked over, and it was... Hiccup. I glanced away for a bit and then gazed back. He looked like a hamster standing behind Jace. He really does not want to see me, does he?

I really did something awful.

I ignored them and went inside my classroom. As usual I sat behind my desk, I crouched, looking all gloomy and miserable, plugged my earphones in and put the sound in full volume. The shuffled music is slowly drowning out my senses. "Heaven is a place on earth with you, tell me all the things you wanna do," I sniffled and tried to hold back my tears.

Never listen to a Lana Del Ray song when you feel emotional.

--

"Jack, Jack wake up."

As my eyes slowly opened, a blurry figure was staring at me with passion. My eyesight got clearer after I blinked a few times and I realized it was Hiccup all along. I watched his throat as he gulped and shifted his gaze away from me. "Get up and go home. I have to clean." He said, and his fingertips brushed the edge of my desk. I was not ready to let this moment slide.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to my desk. His other hand slammed onto the surface and his facial expression as he glared at me was so agitated I could tell he want to end this quick. "I am not letting you go without having a talk." I said and he gritted his teeth.  "Didn't I tell you that I have to clean?" He said pulling his hand away. I gripped tightly.

"Are you going to run away forever? Aren't we friends?" I said.

He started pulling forcefully and he finally got pissed. "I can't call you my friend!" He shouted. Hiccup slowly sat on the floor with tears streaming down his face so I loosened my grip. "I would never think of you as my friend." He added. He started crying on the floor and I got up my seat to sit there with him.

"Hiccup, I think I like you." I told him.

"Think? Jack you're missing the point." He said, hiding his crying face.

I sighed and turned to him. "Show me your face so I get the point." I told him but he shook his head. "Come on." I said. "No." He hesitated. I grabbed his arms and pulled them off from his face. I quickly caressed his cheeks, his rosy cheeks when crying and his big bright brown eyes that were shedding tears. "No.." He looked away from me.

"Hiccup, I like you."

I suddenly kissed him, still grabbing his arms, but slowly making my grip a little too gentle. Hiccup pulled away but I pulled him in for another kiss. Then afterwards, I pulled away. Hiccup was red. It was too cute.

"This is all too easy. You can't force me into a kiss like that!" He argued. Why Mr. Hamster, are you arguing? "Then what do you want me to say? How can I win you again?" I asked him and he didn't speak a word. He just looked at me, still crying, but it's like he's waiting for me to say something.

"Hiccup Haddock the third, you're my bestfriend. I have observed you for a decade. I have seen the way you act when you see the things you like. I know that when you get angry you slowly bow your head and look to the left because you're afraid of voicing out your own hatred to the world. When you listen to music, you smile and close your eyes and hum to the tune even though you're tone-deaf. You support me even though I lack the will to support you. I apologize for any inconsistencies and hurtful stuff I have said in the past. For being too stubborn, arrogant, ignorant and mean. But trust me when I tell you I'm genuine. I may not have a good track record for keeping a girlfriend but I know I'm willing to keep you. I'm not going to demand you but can you--if you want--can you let me take care of your heart?" I told him.

Hiccup trembled and cried some more. Then, unbeknownst to me, he immediately hugged me and cried on my shoulder. "I'm scared to trust you. I don't know if you'll hurt me again." He said. I hugged him back, trying to warm him with my own warmth.

"Let me take care of you. After all, who am I to let you go?"

Ten years of friendship and unknown happiness. I never knew it could be like this. Hiccup, I will never let you go.

----

wow final chapter coming up next! Thank you for supporting!

song by Lana Del Ray is entitled Video Games ^o^