11

jack.

I was just teasing Hiccup when I said I'd leave. I figured I'll let him relax and calm down first before I run back upstairs. While killing time, I found myself wandering around their private library in another room. It's not a big room, but it is filled with educational books ranging from medical to architectural books. 

Hiccup's mother is a nurse abroad while his father's laying off construction for the meantime. I look over the shelf with a masking tape marked 'Photos' was. I picked up a photo album and flipped it open. These were pictures of me and Hiccup when we were younger! Ha! I look dashing here. 

Hiccup's not that grown either. He looks the same then as he is now. "Cute." I said without thinking. I felt my heart tighten a little. I shrugged it off and decided to ignore it. I flipped through the album again. Woah, Hiccup and I have been with each other for more than a decade and I still don't know so much about him. I'm still digging through the undiggable surface of him. But really though, why am I so frantic about knowing him? I guess I hate being deceived, but it's not like he entrusted himself to me. 

I returned the album and decided to go back upstairs. Maybe he's calmed down. "Hey Hiccup." I opened the door and found a shoe directly being thrown at me. 

"Hey!" I exclaimed. 

"Get out and leave I said." He's still continuing being such a stubborn person. 

I picked up the shoe and put it back where it came from. I observed the shelf near his bed and it was filled with so many books. "You've read all these?" I asked and he didn't respond. I took one out, randomly and flipped the pages. It had been torn, and wrinkly. It smells old as well. I landed on the first page and there was a signature. 

"That book you're holding is from my grandma. Oedipus.

Hiccup suddenly pushed himself up from the bed and I gave the book to him. "Why aren't you leaving?" He asked me as I pulled up a chair to sit on. "I thought you're going to tell this story to me? Come on!" I exclaimed, getting excited. I'm not a fan of stories and myths so I want him to share me things he likes. "We learned this in the eighth grade. It's beautiful." He said. 

His eyes were sparkling as he said that. I don't know why, but I found him beautiful. "Yeah, so what's it about?" I asked and he flipped the pages. "Ha.." He sighed and I'm being troublesome again. "It's alright if you don't say it though." I told him but he shook his head. "I'm honestly glad to tell you." He said and started sharing. 

As he shared, he looked so beautiful. His eyes were sparkling, his lips slowly forming a smile as he said his favorite parts. I couldn't even focus on the story. I was focusing on the storyteller. "It's a twisted story, but my grandma gave it to me so I find it spectacular." He said and I just nodded. "Y-yeah. That's beautiful." I said and he sneered. 

"You didn't even get the story." He said and I laughed. 

I took another random book from the shelf and gave it to him. "Read me another one." I said, gazing at his eyes. I find them beautiful too.

-----------------

jack are you having thoughts now?