3

hiccup.

"Hey, Hiccup."

Who is this blur right in front of me? I can't even see because I can't think straight. But as soon as I started to focus, I saw Astrid so close to me. I backed away hysterically because her face just surprised me. "Oh, was I so ugly, you had to back away?" She said in a sarcastic tone. "No, you're not ugly. It's me that has a problem." I told her.

"I thought I told you to meet me." She said and I didn't get what she was angry about. "But you only said to meet you later. I didn't know 'later' was now!" I exclaimed. She face palmed and I knew she was angry. Astrid is the scariest when she gets angry or someone crosses paths with her. She's the dominant alpha or something else close to that. 

"Nevermind. Just meet me after school. Don't make me wait!" 

I nodded fast just so she would leave me alone. She went away, and I felt a little relieved but I think my life's in trouble if I don't meet her later. I got to remember! Suddenly, someone put their arm around me, and I looked around only to see Jack. There it is again! The sly moves that's making my heart beat so loud! I hope he doesn't hear this crazy thump. Jeez, Hiccup! Make it stop!

"Who's that? Your girlfriend?" He asked.

"No! No!" I was quick to deny. But really, what am I being in denial for?

I sighed and calmed myself down. "She's a friend. And I think the bell just rang! See you later." I said and then went away before he could even start to complain. I've had enough of that insensitive human being anyway. But really, he doesn't even know I like him, so why would I call him insensitive? I'm the one not really respecting his feelings for Thiana. 

I'm horrible.

Break wasn't over yet, but just a little more time before classes start again. I just went to the classroom and sat at my desk. No one's inside here, maybe I could say all the things I want to say to Jack out loud! "You know, I really like you, and I don't think you know. Sometimes, I just want to confess, but I'm sorry because I love you. Ugh, I hate myself." I said then bowed.

"Why are you saying sorry?" 

I raised my head up in shock. There was someone else here! I saw Jack standing outside the room door with his arms crossed and he was leaning over. I didn't know how to react but I just hid my flushed face as quick as I can. "Y-you heard?" I asked him. "Of course. I'm asking you, why are you saying sorry for loving someone else?" He said and he was coming closer to me.

"Because it's disgusting! These feelings are disgusting, okay? I'm sorry!" 

He chuckled. "What disgusting? It's not! You like her, right? That girl earlier?" He asked and I looked at him straight in the face. Right, I didn't say his name in my narration, so I guess he wouldn't know. My inner thoughts were thanking God and singing hallelujah that he didn't know, but my heart can't keep up with these unrequited feelings for him. 

"You got it wrong, but nevermind." I told him.

"Wrong? Why, who do you love?" He asks that kind of question and I'm just irritated with myself. He looked so cute trying to do that puppy eyes, I'm kind of bawling my eyes out in my inner thoughts. "It's none of your business. I don't have anyone I like." I told him. I'm such a bad liar. But knowing this simpleton, he wouldn't see through me. 

"No one? Not even me?"

I shivered. I knew it! I am such a bad liar! "W-What do you mean, Jack?" I asked as calmly as I could. "As a friend? You don't like me at all?" He said and I was so relieved. More relieved than what Astrid did earlier to me I guess. I guessed correctly, he's an airhead, so being such a bad liar wouldn't make me transparent to him. 

"Of course I like you. In fact, I like you very much!" 

He slouched and sighed in relief. "I'm glad." He smiled like an angel that I hallucinated the heavenly rays right behind him and the singing cherubins. I got a little flustered, I wanted to cry. His face didn't speak a smiling friend face, it was more like he was happy I liked him. He laughed for a bit, but everything around us was silent and I couldn't comprehend what happened in those few seconds, but it was so awkward, I wanted to break the silence.

*RING* 

"That's the bell! See you later." He said and then went out of the classroom. My classmates went in and I just couldn't believe what happened. He was smiling so bright that I got blind from his beauty. "Hiccup? You're funny-looking. You look like a tomato. You okay?" Someone asked me but my mind's processing a lot of thoughts, like how could Jack be like that?!

How could he make me lowkey confess to him?!

_________________________________________________________

This is becoming a shoujo manga lmao. I swear, this isn't four chapters like that. I don't make stories with so few chapters.