25(EPILOGUE)

hiccup.

- 5 years later -

"Hiccup, congratulations!"

A bashful Astrid ran towards me and hugged me. I clenched my diploma in hand and felt the silky texture of my graduation robe against my skin. I'm a college graduate and I'm looking forward to my future. I glanced at the crowd, looking for someone so dear to me. "Hiccup, let's take a picture!" Astrid said, and I happily obliged. She then walked off to another friend and I was left standing with my diploma in hand.

"So, doctor Hiccup, can you take care of me?"

I looked behind me and saw Jace, standing with a daisy in his hand and gave it to me. "Jace!" I exclaimed and hugged him. "You're going to take your medicine courses right?" He asked me and I nodded. "Yeah." I told him. "So where's Jack?" He asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. Jack and I separated after graduating high school. He told me he wouldn't take college and would get a job after high school. We never lost contact though, we still talked to each other, went on dates and kept our promises. Now, he's nowhere to be found on my graduation day.

"He's coming Hiccup, raise your head up!" Jace said and I nodded.

"I know he will." I said with confidence.

Jace patted my head and suddenly, my dad came rushing towards me. "Hiccup, son!" He called out to me and I waved my hand at him. He reached for his pocket and pulled out car keys and gave it to me. "Car keys? Who's driving?" I asked him and he chuckled. "You of course! That's my gift to you as a graduate! It comes with a special bonus!" Dad said and I grunted. "It better not be your dream car sticker you ordered a few days ago!" I said and he shook his head. "Not only that, but something much more. Why don't you check it out?" He said and I looked at the car keys in my hand.

"Fine."

I walked towards the parking lot alone, since my dad does not want to come with me. As I was coming closer to the car, I made out a figure standing behind it. I squinted my eyes and the man turned around and smiled at me. I dropped the car keys and cried.

"Jack!"

I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. "Whoa there!" He said and hugged me back as tight as he could. "I thought you were never coming." I said under my breath then he gently raised my chin up and kissed me. That gentle, loving kiss I thought I would never feel again. "I would never forget your special day, congratulations doc." He said and hugged me once more. "So you're the bonus with the car," I told him and he pulled away from me and got embarrassed.

"Actually, there's another bonus." He said and started to kneel down on one knee.

I got embarrassed as well, with my heart thumping so hard. My breaths got heavier as the seconds pass by. He reached for something inside the pocket of his jacket and he was trembling as he was doing so. It was a box. "Ehem so I...I really don't know what to say but I think I have to...I have to say all the words." He started and I smiled. "You don't have to, I know the words." I told him and he laughed. Opening the box, Jack hid his face to hide his blushes. "Hiccup Haddock the third, will you--" I cut him off and kissed him. "Yes, yes I do." I told him and slipped the ring on my finger. "I'm yours." I told him and he teared up.

"My bestfriend, my lover, my life. Don't let me go."

------------------

thank you!