Just A Shadow ~ Part 1

Monday, 6:30 am

I woke up to someone gently nudging me. I rolled over and tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't stop.

"Come on, Y/N, let's go! Mom and Dad are downstairs with your bookbag and lunch ready."

I looked up. It was my brother, Ein.

"Ein, let me sleep... I'm not a morning person..." I said, covering my face with my pillow.

Suddenly, I felt a cold breeze. I thought I was under the covers.... wait...

"Ein... where are my covers?"

Ein walked over to my window and punched it open. He then threw my covers out the window.

"EIN! WHAT IN THE NAME OF IRENE GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT?"

Ein looked at me. He smiled and ran out of the room. I sometimes hate that werewolf.

And no, I'm not a werewolf myself. I'm a human being. My mom was a werewolf, but my dad's a human. Its kinda hard to understand that, but it's the truth. Me and my dad hate it when they shed all over the couch sometimes, and how Ein breaks the windows and mom brushes her tail and tangled all the combs, but we still love them, after all.

I walked downstairs already changed in my uniform. Ugh. I hate skirts. Mom stared over at me walking down our stairs. She smiled and handed me my lunchbox and bag.

"Have a good day, Y/N!"She said, grinning and soothing my hair.

"Thanks, mom, but please be careful with my hair. Making it was kinda hard this morning. You used all the shampoo this morning with your tail."

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I'll buy some later today. But get going! Dad's at work, and your brother is waiting outside for you."

I give my mom a hug and rush outside. True to her word, Ein's there in his uniform. I grinned. I've never see him in a tie. I walkover to him, waiting for him to say anything. I wait and wait, but minutes have passed and he hasn't said anything.

"Hello? Aren't you gonna give me advice?"

Ein stared at the road. His tail moved with his breathing.

"I can't just give you advice, Y/N. This is my first year, too." He said, still staring at the road, and all the cars that passed by.

"But as my big brother, you need to! Just something!"

Ein turned his head and looked over at me. I notice he dyed his string of hair a darker blue.

"Don't let anyone know you're my sister. That'll ruin anything." He said, staring back at the road. I'm not asking for too much, mister!

"Ein, that's-"

"Also, don't talk to any boys. I don't want any of them breaking your heart and you falling for them, got it? Only from a distance."

I stared at Ein in disbelief. Does he really hate me THAT much?

"Ein, I don't think-"

"You asked for adivce, you got it. Now look, the bus is coming. Act like a total stranger from me."

Tears formed in my eyes. Is he being serious? Not being his sister? My mind started deciding what to do.

"Ein, you-"

"NOW, Y/N!"

I walked 3 steps away and looked down at the ground. At least THE GROUND would respect me. But, either way, I knew why he did that. Last year, our school always notified me when Ein went out of control or broke a window. Everyone thought I was weird, like him,and stayed away from me. Not this time, though. I don't wanna be some shadow anymore.

*** *** *** *** ***

I walked to the bus and sat down next to a tall kid with black hair and a blue eye. I could only see one. I sat down and read my book.

"Do you mind? This is my seat, and my seat only."

I looked up and stared at him. I am NOT starting this way.

"I sit here if I want to. It's a free country."

"Go ahead, then. Rob a bank and see if they won't arrest you."

I stayed quiet for a bit. Man, this guys was good. But I'm not giving up.

"What's your name?"

"None of your business, you woman thing."

I looked away. So I guess I'm starting like this. That's nice. I looked to the front of the bus. Ein was dead lock staring at me. I quickly glared away, and feel someone staring at me. I look behind me and see a blonde guy staring at us. He then looks down. Guys these days.

~Hey guys! Hope you liked it! I'll be making them twice a week, Saturday and Sunday. I did one today because I felt I should start off today. Stay tuned and share!

XOXO,

KawaiiCamiSama~