Just A Shadow ~ Part 7

I saw Ein across the street. He was staring at me with his death glare, as it appeared me hugging a boy, Dante and Travis! I quickly stopped hugging them and just sat down and stared down at my phone. 

Ein walked towards me and Dante and Travis and acted like he was some kid from our school. Like always.

"Are you guys okay?" Ein asked, still staring at me.

A chill went down my spine.

Dante wiped his tears with his sleeve and stood up. "Yeah, we're okay, just a crash. Hey, aren't you from Phoenix Drop?"

"Yeah, I am. Anyway, I just wanted to see if I could help." Ein said.

Dante chuckled for a second. "We're okay for now. We just need a ride home. My mom's coming for us in her spare car, a mini cooper."

Ein scratched his head. "Well, I could do you a favor and take this one home." Ein placed his hand on my shoulder, as I wanted him to! Oh, he had a nerve!

Dante smiled. "Thank you, we really need her to be safe."

"Do you have her directions home?" Travis said, deadlock staring at him. 

Ein looked at me. "No, I don't, but she can give me her address and I can drive her."

Dante and Travis looked at each other and nodded. No, don't leave me with him, please!

Dante shook hands with Ein. "Take her, please. Thank  you so much for helping us."

Travis also shook Ein's hand. "Keep her safe."

I blushed as Travis said that. I guess Ein noticed too, so he said 'thanks' and calmly walked me to the car. I said goodbye to Travis and Dante as we climbed into the car.

*** *** *** ***

I closed the door to the shotgun as Ein closed the door to the driver's seat. He started the car and drove towards home, and as he did, he tightened his grip on the steering wheel. We silently glanced opposite ways for most of the ride.

"Please don't get mad..." I mumbled, looking at my arm.

Ein still stared at the road ahead of him. It reminded me of the first day of school.

"Ein, I know you're mad, but please. It was an honest mistake."

Ein sighed and parked the car at our parking lot. Suddenly, he hugged me forcefully. His tail parched on my face. "I'm not mad, Y/N."

"Then... then why were you quiet?"

"I was worried for you. I didn't know what to do when I saw you there next to a crashed car with a bandaged red hand."

I giggled a bit. "Well, disasters happen. Where were you headed?"

Ein gripped me tighter. "You left your textbook in school. I was gonna return it to you, but then I saw you."

Ein sniffed. I rested my head on his chest. His heart pumped fast. I heard another sniff.

"Ein, don't cry."

"I'm not."

"Ein..!"

Ein stopped hugging me and I saw his eyes- pinkish and watery. I guess he really DID care about me. 

"I'm sorry for the first day of school. I just.. I wanted to protect you... you know? As your big brother."

I nodded and opened the car door. We rushed inside as it began drizzle. I was so worn out that I plopped down onto my bed and dozed off. A moment later, I felt something sharp against my arm.

"Ughh... ahh!" I woke up.

Ein look at me and his ears and tail rose up. "You scared me!"

I rubbed my tired eyes with my other arm. "Sorry, just felt something. What are you doing? I just fell asleep!"

Ein, confused, looked at me. "You're telling me you just fell asleep after an hour?"

I stared at him. An hour?

"I was putting a little alcohol on your wound," Ein continued. "I didn't want it to become an infection. Just rest."

My nodded and layed down again. My eyes became heavy and I soon went to dreamland...

But dreamland wasn't as warm and happy is it should be....