Just A Shadow ~ Part 5

The bus halted when it reached our stop. I got off, saying bye to Dante. Ein also got off, but he didn't look happy. As we reached the door to our house, Ein opened the door, pushed me through it, and slammed it shut. I got scared. What is he gonna do to me?

"Don't think that I didn't notice." Ein said, locking the door. He walked over to me and slapped me. I placed my hand on my cheek as I stared at Ein. Oh no... not again..

"Ein, be reasonable! Realize what you're doing! Come back!" I said, walking over to him, slowly.

Ein always had these problems. He also wanted all the power. And when he did, you have no idea how bad it gets. And you don't wanna know, either.

"I am here, and don't you dare change the subject!" he said, pushing me away. I walked to him again and tickled his tail. That worked sometimes. He began to grin, and then giggle. I continued doing so, and he fell over with me on him. We started laughing. Then, he hugged me.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N.." Ein said, still hugging me. Tight. I couldn't breathe.

"It's okay, Ein wein. But please be careful of that."

"I will."

"Please let me go. I can't breathe." I gasped.

Ein apologized and let me go. I gasped for air, and Ein went to kitchen to make us sandwiches. I went to the living and turned on the TV, when I got a text from... Dante?

Come outside. Someone's there for you.;P

I started thinking. I can't tell Ein Dante's here, especially with after what just happened! I had to make up an excuse.

"Ein, I'm gonna use the bathroom."

"Go ahead."

I ran upstairs and waited for awhile, not to be suspicious. After 1 minute or so, I silently walked down, and opened and closed the door lightly, without making any sound. I walked and ducked under the windows so he wouldn't spot me. As I made my way to the side of the house, I saw him.

"Travis?" I gasped, walking nervously up to him. I never would've imagined him here! I stood in front of him.

"Hey, Y/N. Just wanted to stop by because I was walking home. Also, you left your math textbook." he handed me the textbook.

"Thanks, Travis. Thank god you gave it, my mom would have killed me."

Travis chuckled and looked at me again. "Yeah, I figured. Anyways, tomorrow the taco place near school has a sale. Wanna go with me? Katelyn declined. Dante and Aaron are going."

Aaron? Who..? My cheeks turned pinkish.

"Y-yeah, of course."

Travis smiled. "Good. Then, tomorrow after school. Taco place. Don't be late."

Travis then walked away. I stood there on the lawn, staring. Gosh, he was cute. I walked back inside, forgetting that I said I was "in the bathroom". Ein stared at me and gave me a sandwich and walked to the TV. He forgot that? Oh. Okay. I walked to the TV, sat next to Ein, and munched on my sandwich as I thought of tomorrow.