Just a Shadow ~ Part 15

Monday, 8:27 am

My eyes fluttered open to the sun glowing warmly against my body. I stretched my limbs and checked the time. 8:27 am. I got up and walked up the stairs. Everyone was already awake except for Zane.

"Come on, Zuzu! Get ready for school!" Zianna said.
"Leave me alone mom!" Zane yelled through his sheets.
Garroth was already ready in his room making his bed, and Vylad and their dad wasn't seen. Zianna walked over to me and gave me a hug.
"Morning, Y/N! There's a towel for you in the bathroom across the hall. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask!" She said full of energy. I wish my mom could have that sort of energy.

I walked to the bathroom and locked it. I took a refreshing shower and got changed into my clothes. As I was putting my stuff near the entrance of the house, Garroth motioned me to the kitchen.
"Y/N, don't you want breakfast?" He asked.
I nodded and walked over to everyone eating breakfast. Everyone was eating eggs and toast.

I wish my family was like this. Usually I don't eat breakfast on school days, and if I eat a meal, it's silent. Unless we have news we can speak. Ein hates me, my mom doesn't have as much energy as any other mom, but my dad's perfect.

Everyone finished their food and said their goodbyes. Zianna and Garte left seperately while Garroth led us to his car.
"You can drive?!" I asked.
I was astonished.
"Yup. Got it 5 months ago." He said.
"You're lucky! I wanna drive freely!"
"Me too!" Vylad exclaimed.
"Me not." Zane grunted.

*** *** *** ***

School ended when I felt someone grab my arm. I kept walking away but it pulled me back. I tried to run away but I was pulled into an empty classroom. In it was Zenix and Ein. Ein. Zenix walked away and closed the door.

"Y/N, why weren't you home?" Ein asked.
"Because you being overprotetive and rude, and... and..."
"Finish it, Y/N, and what?"
"And not being a good brother." I gulped down. I stood up and walked around Ein.
"You're being the worst brother I could imagine! You're not letting me do anything I want to do! You don't let anyone know I'm your sister! But doesn't matter..."
I gripped my bag and barged open the double doors. Ein stared at me in shock.
"Because I'll always be just a shadow." I muttered, slamming the doors.

I marched towards the front of the school and hopped into Garroth's car with Zane and Vylad. I just needed one more day without Ein. Garroth drove us against the drizzling rain and howling winds. I looked out the window. I hate/love rain.

Once we made it to their place, Zianna made us some snacks while Garte was working in his office. We all sat on the family dinning table and ate while we did our homework. I sat next to Vylad in the corner and munched on my carrots with caramel.

*** *** *** ***

The full moon lit up the neighborhood. The sky was purple and black because the sun had set a few minutes ago. I snuck onto the roof and examined the terrain around me. The stars twinkled and the trees slowly swished.

I jolted up to the sound of leaves rattling. I quietly crawled over to the noise and Zane popped out.
"Relax, I'm just trying to climb to the roof." He said. I stepped back as he got up on the roof and sat down.
"How did you get up here?" I asked. I came through the attic.
"The window of my room. I come here mostly every night." He mumbled. His mask moved when he spoke.
"Oh, me too." I muttered, looking at the sky.
"Hey Zane, why do you wear a mask? Can I see under it?" I asked curiously. I began to touch the mask when Zane slapped my hand away.
"N-No! Don't touch me!" He squealed.
"Okay, okay." I rolled my eyes as he adjusted the mask.
You only heard silence and the night nature.
"Why are you here?" Zane asked.
"I come here to think and let my thoughts out." I said.
"Me too. It released everything I keep. Especially between my brothers."
"Same here."
"You have brothers?"
I slapped my forehead. Nice going Y/N! You can't tell him about Ein!
"N-No. I just agreed with the releasing everything part." I stammered.
Zane shrugged as I tried to REMIN CALM.
After a while me and Zane got back inside and everyone shut off the lights. I went downstairs to the couch and slipped into my pj's and under my covers.
I really need to take Ein out of control.