Just A Shadow ~ Part 4

11:45

I walked to the principal's office with Travis gripping my arm. He did that so I wouldn't fall. I feel so grateful. As we walked, we stopped by a girl with dark skin and hair. Travis turned direction and went straight towards her.

"Hey, Teony. We got a situation." Travis said, looking at me when he said "situation". Now he DEFINITELY thinks I'm a loser.

"Well, who do we got here? Hello-"

"Y/N," Travis interrupted. "Her name is Y/N."

Teony smiled and shook my hand. "Hello, Y/N! I"m Teony, a mentor! What can I help you with?"

She sounds like a nice girl. I can contribute. "Thank you, um, I need to find out where the nurse's office is. I got hurt."

Teony smiled. "Follow me. I'll show you the way there. I'm sure either Aphmau or Kawaii~Chan can fill in for me in the meanwhile.

Kawaii~Chan. Garroth said her name, but not Aphmau. I walked down the hallway with Travis and Teony by my side. As we approached the room, I said thanks to Teony, and me and Travis walked in. A nurse greeted us when we came in.

"Good morning, Travis." Then she looks at me. "Who is this lovely student?"

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you."

The nurse told me to sit on a little bed thing. "What's wrong, sweetie?"

I sat down on the bed thing. "Well, someone hit my hip with a baseball. I dont know who, but anyways, my hip really hurts, and I feel lightheaded. Is there something maybe you could do?"

Travis muttered something under his breath. I really hope he doesnt think I'm a loser. The nurse came up to be and lightly poked my hip. It hurt, a lot. The nurse then walked to a table and got a peice of paper.

"It's badly bruised. I need to write a note to the teacher to excuse you. Good thing everyone leaves early today."

I smiled and told her thank you. But still, I have no idea what to do. Should I stay here? Do I lay down? Am I dismissed?

"Excuse me, do I leave or..?"

The nurse kindly pushed me down to the bed. "No, sweetie, lay here for a bit. You need to let the pain leave. Travis, you are dismissed."

Travis got up and was heading towards the door, when he looked at me and smiled. "Feel better, Y/N." Then he left the room.

*** *** *** ***

TRAVIS'S POV

I walked out of the room and said good wishes to Y/N. As I was walking back to the auditorium, I saw a werewolf kid drinking water. I walked over to him and poked his back.

"Hey, what's up?" he said, looking up.

"You know exactly what the problem is. You were the one who threw the baseball."

"Oh, that was a small mistake."

"Whatever your name is-"

"Ein."

I snarled. "Ein, either way, don't just throw a ball at someone! I should know that from experience. Person to person. As her friend, please."

Ein looked at me. "I apologize. I'm sorry I hurt your friend. I won't do it again. I just don't know how humans really act."

Damn it! Now I kinda feel bad.

"Fine, just this once, I'll let it pass. But please, be careful next time."

Ein smiled. "Thank you..."

I held out my hand. "Travis."

He shook my hand as he walked back to the auditorium. I did, too. As I went back, I saw Garroth, Katelyn, and Dante talking about something. I ran over to them to join them.

*** *** *** ***

Y/N'S POV

I woke up to someone shaking me. It was Katelyn.

"Y/N, please wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw her smiling.

"It's time to go home. Are you feeling better?"

I stood up. "Yeah, I am. Thanks for asking."

Katelyn walked out of the nurse's office with me. We said thanks to the nurse and walked away. Katelyn apparently had my bag. I grabbed it.

"So, are you leaving now, Y/N?"

"Yeah, I am. In the bus."

Katelyn laughed and patted her hand on my shoulder."Good luck!" Then she walked away.

What was Katelyn talking about? Is everything okay? As I walked to the bus, I wanted to see if Ein was there. I saw him boarding the bus. Okay, check. I went in the bus and sat down. What I didn't realize, was that there was someone in front of me...

"Hey, Y/N!" Dante popped out of nowhere, saying.

I jumped. "Dante! You scared me!"

Dante smiled. "What can I say? I got the element of surprise!"

I giggled and covered my face with my hands. Dante moved over and sat beside me.

"So, Dante, how you been? You doing anything fun tonight?"

Dante took out his phone and scrolled through it. "Yeah, me and my big brother are going to the pool tonight. Also, I need to get someone's number."

"Who?"

Dante gave me his phone. "Yours. Write it in."

I gradually took his phone and put my number. I gave it back to him and he smiled and texted:

Hey mama<3

I didn't respond him. I'm not gonna get into the situation. I looked out the window and waited for the bus to reach my stop. Today was definitely a day I would never forget.