Just A Shadow ~ Part 13

Saturday, 11:26 am.

I woke up to the sound of people whispering. I moaned and covered my face with my pillow. I fell asleep last night DURING the movie! I have no idea what happened after. I uncovered my face and stood up.
"Morning, Y/N!" Dante said, sitting on the floor. Lucinda and Travis were also on the floor. Dante and Travis were talking about something, but Lucinda continued to sleep.
"Morning guys." I yawned, going over to where they were. "Did I fall asleep during the movie?
Dante and Travis nodded.
"But don't worry, so did Travis." Dante slapped the smaller deck and Travis grumpily took the bigger stack.
"It was cute though. You both were leaning against eachother."
My face turned pink and Travis's face turned dark red. We looked opposite directions as Dante stood up and put the cards away.
"So, what do you guys wanna eat? My mom's out doing stuff, so we have the house to ourselves."
"How about you let me sleep!" Lucinda moaned, and rolled to her stomach.
"Fine, fine." Travis said, walking towards Dante's room. We followed him as Travis plopped onto Dante's bed. I sat down on it, and so did Dante.
"How's Kawaii~Chan?" I asked.
"She's doing better, but she kept puking 'till 8 in the morning. Kawaii~Chan's asleep, and Katelyn is making sure she's okay."
"Poor girls." I said, putting my hair to a pony tail.
"GUYS IM BOOOOORED!" Travis hollered, waving his hands in the air.
"SHHHH! Lucinda's sleeping!" Me and Dante hushed.
"Yeah, I know. That's why I did it."
We heard footsteps running up the stairs.
"But you can't just do that!" I said.
Footsteps pacing towards us.
"Yeah, but-AHHHHHHH!"
Lucinda lunged at Travis, and Travis screamed. He had a very feminine scream. I giggled.
"You do NOT mess with LUCINDA'S SLEEP!" Lucinda cried, slapping him.
"Enough, guys!" Dante said, trying to break up Lucinda and Travis.
*** *** *** ***
The afternoon came. I got ready, because dad was driving by and going to pick me up. Travis and Lucinda already left. It was just me and Dante.
"I can tell, Y/N." Dante blurted out of nowhere. We were sitting on the steps leading up to his door.
"Tell what?" I asked. I twirled a chunk of my hair/color hair.
"That you like Travis." Dante calmly said, looking at me. I blushed.
"N-no I dont! I certainly do not! I mean, w-why would I like Travis?" I stammered. There was one thing anyone could tell when I'm lying- I stammer.
"Y/N, if you want for Travis to like you back, then get to know him better as a friend. You gotta step up your game."
"But... I don't know HOW!"
"Well, for starters, Travis loved people who have sass and can stand up for themselves."
"Are you saying I'm weak?"
Dante cracked up laughing.
"DANTE!"
Dante wiped his tears. "Ahhh, sorry. Anyway, I'm not saying you're weak. You're strong and amazing. You managed to help out when..." Dante's voice trailed off.
I tried to snap him out of it. "SO! What else?"
"Nothing really. Just be yourself."
A white car rolled and stopped in front of Dante's house. My dad honked the hork, "impatiently" telling me to get in.
"Welp, here's where I go." I said, standing up and fixing my tiny purse.
"Nice having you come over." Dante said, standing up and giving me a quick hug before opened the door to his house and closing it.
I ran to my dad's car. I closed the door and hugged him.
"Dad! Hi!"
"Sweetie! How are you doing?"
"It was a blast! What are we gonna do now?"
"Well, I need to meet with my boss somewhere for work, so I'm leaving you home with Ein. Don't worry, I told him everything and where you've been."
I gulped. Shoot. I'm dead.
"How long... are you leaving me with Ein?"
Her dad turned a corner. "As long as it takes, sweetie. Also, he's in charge."
Multiple shivers went down her spine. Yup, today was the day.
*** *** *** ***
Dad dropped me off at the front of our house. I shakenly closed the door and slowly walked inside. I was scared.
I opened the door and shut it silently. No light was on. Ein must be asleep! I gave out a relieved sigh as I walked towards the kitchen. Suddenly, the lights turned on. Ein was sitting on the counter.
"H-hey, Ein! Some time no see!"
Ein continued to stare at me. He was angy. Pissed.
"Well, I'm gonna head on upstairs. I'm a little worn out from today. See ya tomorrow!"
As I practically ran upstairs, Ein caught up to me and gripped my hand. I felt his claws beginning to dig into my skin. I yelped.
"What in the name of Irene gives you the right to STAY AT A BOY'S HOUSE?!" Ein cried. He pushed me violently onto the ground as he kicked my stomach.
"Ein, stop! You're losing yourself!"
Ein made an evil laugh. "But guess what? I'm in charge. I'm the older one."
He then stomped on my hair and came close to my ear.
"And I'll be alpha."
Alpha? Oh no....
Ein grabbed my shirt and lifted me up.
"And don't ever think about touching or looking at a boy AGAIN!"
He threw me to a corner. I groaned and rubbed the back of my head. It was pumping with pain. I tried to head upstairs, but my stomach was im agony. I curled up in a little ball and sobbed. I bawled my eyes out until I couldn't cry anymore. I was crying in my mind, though. My body was drowning in tears.
Ein was right. I'll always just he his shadow.