Just A Shadow ~ Part 2

Monday, 9:30

I sat on the bus next to the kid with dark hair. It was REALLY awkward. We didn't say anything for the whole ride. As soon as the bus stopped, I ran off. I didn't like that kid. He was... too quiet. I walked towards the school when I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turn around and see the guy who was staring at me; the guy with blonde hair and clear blue eyes.

"Hey. I saw you talking to my baby brother."

Baby brother? He's his older brother? No wonder he kept staring at us!

"Yeah, I was," I responded. "I tried to start a conversation, but he fired back words of fire."

He rolled his eyes and smiled. "Yeah, that's him. His name is Zane, by the way. I'm Garroth. Nice to meet you.." He took out his hand, waiting for me to shake it.

"Y/N." I said, shaking his hand. "Hey, are you a senior?"

Garroth walked on. I caught up to him. "Yeah, I am. And it's stressful, but it's supposed to be. Going to college, applying there, making sure my baby brothers and parents stay well, you know, that stuff."

I stared at Garroth, confused. "Brothers?" I asked.

Garroth stopped walking. He opened his locker and took out his gym uniform. "Yeah, brothers. I have another younger one named Vlad."

"That's cool! You're the oldest?"

"Yeah, I am. Do you have any siblings?"

I kept deep in thought. Do I? Ein technically is, but do I fake it? He told me not to... his words stung me like a bee sting.

"No, I don't..." I looked down at the ground. I couldn't believe I admitted myself to this plan.

"Oh, sorry for asking. Anyways, the bell rings in 5 minutes. Gotta go to gym. Talk to you later?"

I nodded. He waved as he walked away. He's a nice guy.

*** *** *** ***

I walked to my homeroom. Room 7. I walked in and sat down next to a girl with pink hair. She kept talking to someone apparently called... Lucinda~Chan? I didn't really pay attention. I just read my book. It was about a bird that tried to fly across the Atlantic, but got cold halfway and nearly drowned. Sad, I know, but I couldn't put it down. The teacher soon called attendance and we went to the auditorium. Apparently, we had to choose a club.. or elective or something. I walked in and looked around. This place was HUGE! It's bigger than my living room and kitchen combined! I walked around and saw Garroth in a baseball stand. No wonder he stays in shape like that. Then, I saw someone walk by. My stomach fluttered when I saw him. He had snowy white hair, and he was talking to a blue haired girl, who then slapped him. He walked to a stand, and I followed him. I tried to hear the conversation.

"Come on, Katelyn! We both know acting is your thing! Come do it with me!"

"No way! You're gonna try to flirt, and something will go wrong!"

"KATELYN!"

"TRAVIS!"

Travis, that's his name. I blushed to the sound of his name. I followed him to the theatre stand. He signed in and walked away. On the way, he bumped into me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

"I-it's ok-kay...."

Then he walked off. Gosh, he was cute. Wait, what did I just say? UGH! I can't let Ein know I like him! He'll go crazy! But... I need to find out more about him..