Just A Shadow ~ Part 8

I looked around and I was drowning. Drowning in my own thoughts... I reached my hand for help... but no one came for me. Everyone was above me... Dante, Katelyn, Aphmau, even Ein, were laughing at me. Travis was being held back by someone, trying to help me. Ein grinned and laughed and took out a bomb. He threw it at me, and the water.... BOOM...

Wednesday, 8:56 am

I forcefully opened my eyes. I was sweaty and in agony. I looked around, and I wasn't in my bed, I was in EIN'S. I was against Ein's chest and  Ein was layed on his bed, sound asleep, next to us were alcohol and cloth and a napkin of blood. Me and him were covered in a blanket. I tried to quietly and slowly get out of his room, but Ein woke up.

"Y/N?"

"I'm so sorry for waking you up! But... why am I in your room?"

Ein drowsily placed everything onto his desk and folded the blanket. "Well, you kept moving around and started sweating, so I thought it would be safe if I brought you here."

I swatted away some sweat with my arm. "Ah!"

Ein ran to me and set my arm down. "Be careful, your arm will hurt a lot, so don't move it."

"Thanks, Ein."

Ein smiled. "No problem."

I got ready for school. As I did, I tried to make sense of my dream. Why was everyone laughing at me? Why was I drowning? Why was Ein... so EVIL?

*** *** *** ***

I got out of the bus and sat down on one of the lobby couches. I tried to move my arm, but it ached so bad I had to set it down carefully. I unwrapped the cloth a bit, and there was still a little bit of glass, and I was still bleeding in a few spots. I covered it back.

"Y/N? Is that you?"

I looked around and saw Garroth pacing towards me with one of his friends. He rushed over and hugged.

"Oh, thank Irene, you're okay!"

"Okay of what..?" I asked.

"Yeah, what happened, Garroth?" His friend asked.

"You have no idea what happened, Laurence! Y/N, I saw what happened in the news! Are you okay?" Garroth let go of me.

IT WAS ON THE NEWS?! That means... THE WHOLE SCHOOL SAW IT! 

"Oh, y-yeah, I'm fine." I stuttered.

"You better be okay! Either way, I need to also say that to Dante, Travis, and Aph-"

"APH WAS INVOLVED? OH MY IRENE, I NEED TO MAKE SURE SHE'S OKAY!" Laurence cutted off and runs off.

"Sorry for that, Laurence is a little in the moment right now." Garroth chuckled.

"I can see.." I forced myself to laugh.

"Well, see you later." Garroth ran off. "LAURENCE, WAIT UP!"

I went back to my class. I'm so nervous! What is everyone gonna say? Hopefully everything's normal.

*** *** *** ***

The bell rung for lunch. All the classes that passed by have been a blur. The whole time, no one said anything, which it true, but I'm still worried about the dream. I walked to the cafeteria and sat down at a table. Alone. I forgot to pack lunch, so I just sat and played with my fingers on my good hand.

I heard people's footsteps coming towards me. Dante sat down in front of me and had a blank face, and tired eyes. He didn't pay attention or care about anything. A part of the back of his head had a bandage. Travis walked in and sat down next to me. His bruise was as purple as ever, and he looked tired. Aphmau came with crutches and sat down next to Dante and hugged him. Her ankle had a brace.

"Hey everyone..." I managed to say.

Aphmau smiled and looked at me, still hugging Dante. "Hey, Y/N. You been okay?"

Travis waved. "Hola."

Dante still didn't say anything. He just looked down.

"I've been okay, my arm will hurts, but I'm good. How have you guys been?" I asked.

Travis put his head down on the table.

"I've been same as you. Aaron took care of me. The boys stayed up 'till late checking in with the police." Aphmau said, twirling Dante's hair.

"They must be tired." I stated. I looked at Travis. He was dead asleep. Dante lowered his head onto the table and Aphmau moved his hands around. 

"Yeah. Very. And Dante isn't in the best mood, so don't ask...." Aphmau muttered, letting Dante be.

Dante covered his head, still on the table, and fell asleep. 

"I need to use the bathroom." I said, getting up carefully, trying not to wake up Travis's cute asleep little face. I MEAN, NOT TO WAKE HIM UP! YEAH, THAT!

"Go ahead, these boys will be asleep for awhile." Aphmau said, taking out her lunch.

I walked towards the water fountain to freshen down. Poor Dante and Travis... they had it hard. I went towards the bathroom and heard voices across the hall. I know I shouldn't, but I crept towards the noise.

"So, loud and clear?" One voice said, very familiar, in fact.

"Of course, dog boy. But remember my end of the bargain." The other voice said.

The voice giggled. "Of course. Remember, any boy that goes near her is GONE."

"I know, I know. Now, get outta here, before any teachers catch us."

I ran into the bathroom before they could see me. I peeked through the door, and one of them was... EIN...

I went back to the lunch table. Someone else was at our table, handing out cupcakes. My mouth began to water as I walked over there.

"What's going on" I asked, quietly sitting next to the sleeping prince.

"Kawaii~Chan made cupcakes for everyone!" She said, handing me a cupcake.

"SHHHH! They're sleeping!" Aphmau hushed, biting into her cupcake.

Kawaii~Chan giggled. "Sorry! Kawaii~Chan thought that Travis~Kun and Dante~Kun were just laying their heads!"

I bited out of my cupcake. This was the BEST cupcake I have ever tasted.

"This is really good, Kawaii~Chan. I'm Y/N, so you know." I said.

"Thank you! Kawaii~Chan appreciated your kind words! Now, if you excuse Kawaii~Chan will eat her lunch!" 

I watched Kawaii~Chan walk off towards Lucinda~Chan... I think that's her name? I rubbed Travis's hair. What? I was tempted, okay?! I looked around and saw Ein again... but this time... with a paint can in his hand.