Just A Shadow ~ Part 17

Before we start, I would like to say we hit 400 reads! (Well, 415 now) No way! Thank you guys so much! You guys are so supportive by voting and putting this story in your library! Now, back to the story.

Wednesday, 8:36 am

My eyes opened and I stretched my arms. I looked around, I was on my desk. My homework ws scattered everyone. Oh Irene. I took a good shower and was combing my hair, when I noticed my comb was more hair more than usual. That means... mom!
I ran down the stairs to see mom packing our lunch. I gave her a squeeze and she hugged me back. Her tail was wagging in my face.
"Y/N! Oh, I missed you so much!" She said.
"Missed you too mom." I replied. "But please don't use my brush for your tail. It's full of hair."

Mom nodded. We both looked at the stairs and Ein came down. Mom hugged him and Ein hugged her back, trying to act happy. Ein stared at me coldly as I rolled my eyes at him and walked up the stairs to get ready. I stuffed my homework in my binder so I can do it at school. Me and Ein walked back down and grabbed out lunches and left out the door. As we were walking to the bustop, Ein slapped the back of my neck. I rubbed it and covered it eith my hair. Thanks a lot, Ein.

As we took out seats on the bus ride, I saw Travis in the corner. I took a deep breath and sat next to him.
"Hey, Travis! You take the bus now?" I asked, taking out my binder.
"Nah, just for today." He replied.
I took out the homework and started doing it. Travis noticed and reached for his bag.
"You need the homework?" He asked.
I nodded repeatedly as he handed it to me. I copied it down and gave it back to him.
"Thanks Travis! I really appreciate it!" I said.
He nodded his head in response. The bus stopped and everyone got off. I followed Travis up to my locker, my stomach filling with butterflies in every step of the way. We nervously waved at eachother as Travis walked away. I opened my locker and a peice of paper slipped out. I carefully picked it up.

Guess who's gonna be alpha today.

Oh no....

*** *** *** ***

I walked outside the school with my lunch. I was gonna eat outside today, I can't see Ein!
I walked down the steps and, saw a white thing near the fountain. I slowly approached it, and saw it was a white kitty! I awed at it as it purred around me. It was white with blue sparkling eyes. It was so teeny weenie! I kneeled down at it, and noticed it had a collar. It was an orange collar. That's when someone called their name and the cat pounced over to them. The guy orange hair, ears, and a tail. He was visibly a maifwa.

"Lucca! Come over here!" He said.
The kitty pounced around him as he picked it up. Lucca purred to his face.
"You have a cute kitty." I said.
"Thanks. I got him 3 days ago. Lucca's his name." He replied.
I stared at the cute kitty.
"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." I waved a hello.
"Kai." He said, putting the kitty down.
"Does the school know about Lucca?"
"No, and keep it that way. Lucca's too young to stay home alone, so he stays here most days."
I gave him a thumbs up. He put Lucca down and gave him a tiny tuna sandwich. The kitty picked it up with it's mouth and went into the little garden patch.
"Sorry, I gotta go. Meeting a friend at the bleachers. Bye!" Kai ran off.

I sat down on the little garden, covering Lucca, and ate my apple. Mom didn't really always pack us good food. Lucca bit into the sandwich and savored the tuna.

*** *** *** ***

I walked down the steps again because school ended. I hear people cheering near the bleachers and some commotion, so I wandered over.
"Welcome everybody! Today, we will find our male alpha!" The werewolf teacher declared.
Crowds of people were sitting on thr bleachers, cheering.
"But, because of some issues, we'll announce them in a moment!"
People booed or sat inpatiently. I sat down in the crowd. As I sat down, I saw Ein and 2 other werewolves near Aphmau. Ein. That note- it couldn't possibly!

After about 10 minutes, the werewolf teacher came back.
"Aphmau, your time is up." He said.
"Just give me more time!" She pleaded.
"The prior alpha male decided our new aplha for us."
Everyone stayed quiet and stared in intensely.
"Our new alpha... Ein!"

I stared horrifically as people clappped and whistled. Ein was alpha.
Ein stood next to Aphmau and people snapped photos. I ran away as fast as I could.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING Y'ALL!
Please vote, comment, follow me, and share! Love y'all!

Shine bright,
KawaiiCamiSama💜